Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the wife got laid off (the bum), she will be spending more time at home, and will be taking care of Brent. For obvious reasons, she will take over duties as the Pilot's pilot.

Which leaves me with the 93 Camry with 145k miles on it. I like the sunroof and the sportier handling, but I will miss the smoothness and utility of the Pilot. I still get to drive it on weekends and when it needs gas, but will miss it as the daily driver.

Here is Brent rubbing it in. Imagine a motor sound coming from his lips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
That's a Great Picture! :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Well, hopefully the Mrs. will find another job soon and you'll get your Pilot back. Looks as though your son is prepared already to go for a spin in your Pilot. :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
What an adorable little guy!!!
You have been reduced to Co-pilot eh? You can commiserate with 73PILOTDAD on this one. He drives our 94 civic with 173 million miles on it. You can still make quick runs to the store in it, and drive when you guys are together, right? This is how the Pilot hierarchy works in my house anyway ;)
Sorry to hear about the wife being laid off...one income is tough, but doable, promise.:4:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife -- my wife and I were just discussing the perils of budgeting based on two incomes last night, a direct result of an NPR feature story yesterday. Very thought-provoking piece, and sure to generate a lot of discussion at the dinner table. Great photo of the kid though!

On the subject of vehicles, I inherited her CRV (64K miles and counting) for my daily commute. I find it a pleasure drive and surprisingly more fuel efficient than the Tacoma it replaced. Whenever I get the chance at driving the Pilot, I immediately notice the ride difference (and the fuel consumption as well).

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
what an adorable kid....
hopefully your wife will have a new job soon...best of luck

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. The wife and I will be okay into next year sometime. I have a Pay Pal account if you really care. :)

Brent is really glad to have his Mommy home during the day now.

ipomoea $4.95 for a transcript!?! Funny thing is, we were going through a refi, and they're still willing to give it to us even on a single income. They WANT us to go broke...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sorry the wife lost her job, but you scared me with the title! I thought you were getting rid of the Pilot altogether:eek:. Glad it's just changed hands internally.

So is your wife going to enjoy that thumpin' system you installed earlier?

I get to drive my wife's old car, a '98 Taurus with 101K miles. Sure beats the 86 Dodge Ram:D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
smurray said:
So is your wife going to enjoy that thumpin' system you installed earlier?
Yup. As soon as she get hooked up, I'm going to look into swapping the speakers in the Camry... :) You know how that goes.

Hey, when did you pass me in posts? Between the teething 9 month old, Halo, the fast growing lawn... I don't get to read all that much anymore...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ferdball said:
Yup. As soon as she get hooked up, I'm going to look into swapping the speakers in the Camry... :) You know how that goes.

Hey, when did you pass me in posts? Between the teething 9 month old, Halo, the fast growing lawn... I don't get to read all that much anymore...
I've got a cure for the lawn, stop watering:2: .
Been busy trying to help where I can, although not as much as I would like.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
smurray said:
I've got a cure for the lawn, stop watering:2: .
Oh, man. I just spent weeks getting this lawn in. My Dad and I had to cut an enourmous tree down (its roots were going under the house and breaking plumbing), yanking its root, digging up the old ground cover, tilling, laying down new plumbing, building a fence (so Neo doesn't urinate and kill the new stuff), etc...
The Pilot sure did help though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ferdball said:
Oh, man. I just spent weeks getting this lawn in. My Dad and I had to cut an enourmous tree down (its roots were going under the house and breaking plumbing), yanking its root, digging up the old ground cover, tilling, laying down new plumbing, building a fence (so Neo doesn't urinate and kill the new stuff), etc...
The Pilot sure did help though.

Omigosh -- did I see you carry a mechanical tiller in your Pilot? Did you use a ramp to get it down (and up?).

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a big, heavy load!:eek:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wholly moley! That was ambitious. And the yard and fence look terrific, but not as good as the family. Good to see you had some help.
After we bought our house the first thing I did was put in a new lawn. We bought 2,000 sq ft of bermuda and weed. After about two months of tree removal X 2, water, round up, water, round up, sod cutter, shovel, shovel, shovel, front tyne roto-tiller (should have rented the one you got, would have saved me about a month of shovelling), digging, laying sprinklers, and finally seeding, our new lawn began to take shape.
It's been 3 years now and the lawn is nearly as beautiful as yours. Only problem is keeping the neighbors bermuda and St. Augustine out of my Marathon tall fescue. That is a constant battle which I'm sorry to say I'm beginning to lose.

Your place looks great and your neighbors thank you! $$

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great web site by the way. You must take your camera everywhere! I could have finished by breakfast a little better without seeing those pictures of your ankle and of Neo, OUCH! Glad you're both doing better. I've got a couple of friends that live in your neck of the woods, next time I visit them I'll be on the lookout for your Pilot.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ipomoea No, the tiller had a convenient little handle in the front. It was an easy two person job to get it in the Pilot.

Kemonator and babresa, the compost was not heavy at all. I think I had 18 bags of the stuff which doesn't equal 1 cubic yard. Looks impressive though, huh? I had it stacked to the ceiling.

S-Man I knew someone that lived in La Mesa? Are you on the hill? She had a view that could equal Mt Soledad.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ferdball said:
S-Man I knew someone that lived in La Mesa? Are you on the hill? She had a view that could equal Mt Soledad. [/B]
No, I'm not lucky (or rich) enough to have a view. I live in The Drawer (El Cajon) with a view of the courthouse if I climb on the roof.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my Pilot back!!!

I'm dusting off this thread because I finally got my Pilot back. I had to peel her away with a little bribe and a little helpful ambushing at Poway Honda. She's happy now and I got my Pilot back!!!

Brent seems to like it too

1 - 20 of 27 Posts