Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Honda Pilot. There is no heat through the front vents but there is heat in the rear vents. I've changed the radiator, thermostat, and radiator hoses. I've also made sure I have enough coolant running through the system and reservoir, and the valve is opening and closing. Still no heat.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,234 Posts
No heat at all through any of the front vents? Some people must suggest heater core, but before that hugely expensive and/or complicated job, check that heater valve near the firewall again very carefully. Among other things, make sure it's really off in the off position, so it really opens up when you turn it on.

If your blower is working and you check to make sure your air mix motor is working properly as well, then have a look at the heater control valve, and it may be something as simple as a loose screw there. It's not so easy to find, so here are some pictures and a process that will cost you nothing but a squirt of WD-40 and the turn of a Phillips screwdriver.

Spray WD-40 on the screw, wait overnight if necessary for it to penetrate, then try to tighten that screw. Maybe add a little Loctite if you're feeling spendy. Done.

1. On the cover of the engine find the word "HONDA"

2. From the Letter "H" go straight back to the firewall.

3. Now go down 13.5" from the underside of the firewall.

4. The valve is attached to the firewall by a bracket with the valve being about 3-4 inches away from the firewall. Look for a thin cable coming out of the firewall. This cable attaches to an arm. The arm attaches to the top of the valve with a Phillips screw on the very top.

Even if that wasn't the problem and you do have to flush the heater core, at least you can find comfort and reassurance in confirming that you don't have a screw loose. :)

Note: The last picture is from an MDX, so it's not the same cable angle as a Pilot.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
My first thought as well. The rear gets heat through its own separate heater core, and the coolant to the rear bypasses that valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts