Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot Elite 20,000 miles. Just recently, I have no heat at idle or when I come to a stop light, I have the heat on, it cools down. It is currently at the dealer and they cannot find any issues, they are saying it is set from the factory this way. Does anyone else have this problem and what was your fix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Geeter. The screw on my control valve was tight but the clamp that holds the cable coming from the firewall was disconnected. I wasn't sure where to clamp it so I tried a couple of different locations until I felt warm air from the front, but now I have cool air coming out of the back of the console, do you think I just need to find the perfect clamp location?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wish me luck

i am not a car guy by any means and i started using this form a few days ago after my front console was only giving out luke warm air. This happened a day before we had -10 Celsius ( 14 F) and a snow storm was going to hit us in Ontario, Ca.
Anyways i took my pilot to the mechanic and first thing he said was replace heater core ( $1200 job).Apparently the heater core was plugged. Luckily, my colleague at work here heard about this issue and googled solutions.

The mechanic flushed the system for me and came back sayin the heat is coming only when the car accelerates.

I asked him to tighten the screw up on the control valve. I hope this fixes the problem. From all the posts i see here, I am relatively optimistic!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank-you so much for this fix, you saved me so much time, trouble and money! I also sprayed some white lithium grease on the cable and cycled the heat a few times - worked great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As I stated in post #102 of this thread my 04 is still blowing lukewarm air through the front vents and cold air through the rear vents(even when the control knob is turned to off). The valve at the firewall seems to work like it is supposed to, and the screw is tight with no rust and the plastic valve attached to it seems fine. Is my problem the "door actuator" mentioned in this thread or something else? I'm at a loss. I was hoping the "screw" would fix my problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same heater issue, maybe clogged core but hoping not. Can it be flushed from firewall in engine compartment?? Thanks anyone

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

101 - 107 of 107 Posts