Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey piloteers, I have a 2008 Honda Pilot that I bought certified preowned from Honda back in March'12. At the time I did not think to test the heat, only the ac which worked front and rear.

Its starting to get cold here in NYC, so tried turning on the heat yesterday. Only felt heat coming out of the vents when I am on fan speed 1. If I turn it any higher, it becomes cool air. The rear ac works, but when we tried the heat nothing comes out of the rear vents.

Any one have any idea what the problems may be before I bring it in to the dealers which I am very afraid to do...... I have extended warranty but not sure if this is covered.

Thanks for your help and advise,
Steven

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sounds like a possible blend door problem or temp sensor malfunction.

I assume you know how to set the controls to make the heat come on.

If it is a Honda CPO car, the warranty is pretty good. Take a minute to read it and you will easily find out what is covered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a possible blend door problem or temp sensor malfunction.

I assume you know how to set the controls to make the heat come on.

If it is a Honda CPO car, the warranty is pretty good. Take a minute to read it and you will easily find out what is covered.
Thanks, i'll check my extended warranty.

Update, the rear heat works, realized the heat comes out of the bottom vents.

But the front heat only works on low fan speed, any higher and it becomes cool air.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with my 06, changed thermostat to the best one they had in the store. Also changed heater control valve. Heat is a little warmer but not like it's supposed to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
With the key in the second position (engine and blowers off) change heat settings between hot and cold. You should hear a small electric motor turning as the blend door moves. What do you hear?

For the rear (at least on the LX trim) heat only comes out of the bottom ducts near the floor. Check there if you’re getting heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts