Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Pilot EXL, Hi there everyone. Been having issues with no heat on my frozen feet as I drive. Thank goodness for the heated seat and console vents, but what is going on with the floor vent?? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
same issue with my 2017 Touring Pilot - tried different configurations, but still freezing feet. Find it hard to believe that this issue is normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same. My 2016 Honda Pilot doesn't have heat blowing on the feet. In fact it whispers cold air when on full blast. I've been told at the dealership that it's working as designed, yet they are aware and are working on a fix. I've been told by Honda Customer Service that it's working as design (and she knew nothing of a fix in progress). I've contacted Better Business Bureau but Honda doesn't participate (smart!). Good luck. Anybody looking for a trade-in??

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 Pilot EXL, Hi there everyone. Been having issues with no heat on my frozen feet as I drive. Thank goodness for the heated seat and console vents, but what is going on with the floor vent?? Any ideas?
I found three problems causing lack of heat on our feet in late model Honda Pilots. This is based upon my 2017 Pilot LX.
First -- Honda apparently designed the "feet only" setting to also split air to the windshield. This is just like the setting that splits it between the window defrost and floor heat. Exactly like it on my 2017. If you adjust the setting from "defrost and floor" to just "floor", the air flow does not change AT ALL going to the windshield. Honda Master Tech verified this at a Honda dealership, but would not declare it a problem since all the other Hondas checked did it to some degree also.
Second -- under the dash and above the gas pedal is the terribly designed "splitter elbow vent" for distributing the floor air. It is WAY too restrictive. I removed this "splitter elbow vent" and modified it by machining the openings MUCH larger. See attached pictures.
Third -- the "splitter elbow vent" snaps into a flimsy plastic manifold up under the dash. When I first removed it, it was not snapped in place. So a large percentage of the heated air was leaking out into the dash.

We can fix the second and third problems -- it is not comfortable to get to that "splitter elbow vent" -- but once it is opened up and properly snapped into the manifold up under the dash, then the amount of air blowing on my feet increased two to three times! Much better situation for winter in the Midwest! Note that I don't like to run my heater fan above "3" indicators as the really high fan settings like 4+ are quite loud. But if the fan speed is cranked up my feet get hot. And my eyes dry out from all the split air coming off the windshield defroster vents...

Hope this helps some people!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Ontario Canada and just purchased a used 2016 Honda Pilot Touring and find my feet and legs are freezing in this vehicle. I have tried putting temp on Hi and blasting in Feet Mode to no avail. Today I drove in -19 to work. I warmed up my car for close to 20 minutes and drove 40 minutes to get to work and my toes were almost numb and legs were freezing still by the time I got work. This is wearing almost knee high lined winter boots for -25 weather. The heat is working minimally if you check and put your hands right down at the vent; however, I can actually feel cold air rushing in from under the dash at the sides which obviously overpowers any hot air coming from the vent. I took the Pilot in a week after purchase complaining about this issue and they said it's working normally. Sure it is when your are idling and not moving but as soon as you drive, the cold air starts rushing in. It's horrible for cold Canadian winters. I was previously in an Odyssey and never experienced this issue at all. I am going to take in again and ask how they can stop all the cold air rushing in as it is very noticeable and you can feel it no problem. It feels like there are some vents on and set to the coldest settings. Is this maybe what others are experiencing when they have this issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts