Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is not overheating. Already had mechanic flush heater core and changed fluids. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,628 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,960 Posts
When you switch the temperature controls from hot to cold you should hear motors spinning and/or door flaps shifting position. Do this with the engine off so it’s easier to hear. Report back what you hear.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Does the movement of the air flap doors sound smooth, or does it sound like the door is getting stuck on something? You might need to visually inspect door motion as you have a helper adjust the temperature controls.

Are the front and rear air blowers are both functioning?

Does the front airflow system change correctly between defrosters, vents, and foot ducts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems to be moving smooth can also feel a change in air pressure when I go from cold to hot. Air gets stronger when I go to hot. Everything is changing properly throughout system. I’m lost......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just took it For a ride when I press on the gas I can hear coolant moving below the glove box

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
You might have an air bubble trapped in the cooling system if it wasn’t properly burped after the heater core was flushed.
What was the reason the core was flushed?
Do a search on this forum for how to burp the system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was having same problem. No heat. I think when he refilled he didn’t do it properly. Had heat a couple of days then same problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for the help after reading now it seems like that probably is the problem. I hope

·
Registered
2,960 Posts

You’re welcome. See post #14 for burping instructions.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Car is not overheating. Already had mechanic flush heater core and changed fluids. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
If you didn’t get this fixed - thermostats stick in both open and closed conditions. When most thermostats fail they stick closed, which causes the car to quickly overheat, but if it sticks in the open position you’ll have no heat. Just changed one in my wife’s car last October because she had no heat...

FYI, if the thermostat is stuck open then flushing the system is useless and will not solve the problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts