Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a Honda Pilot 2017 Touring. Around twice a year I check for map updates, and update my car navigation. It works smoothly and perfectly every time since 2 years. Yesterday, I checked and found that there was a brand new yearly update available. I got the update, and pushed it to my car. Since then my car navigation has started giving me an error something like, 'Navigation requires details map data, no such data found". I don't have the exact error message at the moment.

I tried to reinstall from the USB again, but am still getting the error. Help! Any pointers, on what may I try?

·
Registered
96 Posts
You may have downloaded a corrupt file. If so, reinstalling from the USB will not solve the problem. You may want to start again by reformatting the USB, downloading the file again and then install the file.

I had difficulty successfully updating my maps last year and had the dealer install it. A couple days after the install the system crashed - black screen and the dealer determined that the file it installed was corrupt. Had to start all over the remedy it.

Best of luck.

·
Administrator
15,585 Posts
call up the company that sells these. In the short term I wonder of the last update you installed will work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The exact error is "Detailed maps are required for routing. No detailed maps were found on this unit.". I have a trip planned today. Will try to format the USB again. I worry if I go to the dealer, what price might they want to charge for this "fix" :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
call up the company that sells these. In the short term I wonder of the last update you installed will work.
You mean call Garmin, even though it came installed in my Honda Pilot?

·
Administrator
15,585 Posts
You mean call Garmin, even though it came installed in my Honda Pilot?
My bad.... thinking about the old Honda Nav update method. Let's go for plan B. do it again using a new memory stick.

·
Registered
96 Posts
OP, a further FYI. During my last maps update, I ran into a problem with Garmin Express. Even though I had updated it prior to commencing the update process, Garmin Express would return that my maps was up to date even though it was showing as 2019 installed and 2020 available. I had to uninstall Garmin Express and re-install it to get it to update properly. Sometimes, starting over really does mean starting over from scratch. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts