Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deal was done and we were getting our point by point feature lesson before driving off the lot. I asked where is the slot to put the DVD in that came with the owners manual. No Slot! No player.

I always have a book on CD playing when I drive. I need a work around. The free download sites offered by the libraries I use don't have much of interest or not what I fancy very often.

Anyone have a fix or remedy?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Copy the DVD or CD onto your IPhone, Android, or USB device and play it that way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Better get an audio CD to mp3 conversion software for the computer, grab a flash drive, transfer the converted mp3's on it, and you are good to go.

·
Registered
212 Posts
not a problem for me. times have changed. i dont miss, or use, the cd players in my current cars. my laptops dont have a disk drive anymore. you have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There are people with stacks of 8 tracks, cassettes, Vhs tapes, and other outdated media or technology. CDs are also going the way of the dodo. As others have said, load you music on you phone or iPod and play it through there. I like not having to keep a case of disks in the car because everything is in my phone already. Sure you 2005 played CDs but did it also stream music from you phone or the Internet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the responses but working 12 or more CD's up to MP3 and making sure all the chapters play in order is a bunch of work. One person posted an image of a Sony Disk Man which I have already rigged into the console to play a disk. Not friendly to operate while driving. A job for my co-pilot if she is on board at the time. No one has added a aftermarket device it seems.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thanks for the responses but working 12 or more CD's up to MP3 and making sure all the chapters play in order is a bunch of work. One person posted an image of a Sony Disk Man which I have already rigged into the console to play a disk. Not friendly to operate while driving. A job for my co-pilot if she is on board at the time. No one has added a aftermarket device it seems.

Dude seriously? You put a cd in the computer and iTunes automatically converts to mp3. Then you store it on a tiny usb drive. Easiest thing to do and you can hold your entire collection on a usb stick the size of a quarter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dude seriously? You put a cd in the computer and iTunes automatically converts to mp3. Then you store it on a tiny usb drive. Easiest thing to do and you can hold your entire collection on a usb stick the size of a quarter.
Also, you could make folders for each CD and rename the chapters as 0001.mp3, 0002.mp3, etc. If I wanted to play my CD collections, this is what I would have done. Much more convenient plus you won't have to worry about tracks skipping because of bumps. :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
37 Participants
Wildcat Rudy
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing