Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 Honda pilot and there is no audible honk of horn or flashing of lights when locking the car. I push the fob twice and hear the doors locking but still nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello, I have a 2011. should work on 09... Hold Lock and unlock for a few seconds, lights will blink, try hitting the lock button again, it should beep.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If you can hear the sounds of door locks but no lights/horn, it means some of door locks failed to engage properly. Double check all doors are properly closed with no seatbelts caught in the jamb, check the tailgate too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
did you get it to work???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you get it to work???
You're not going to believe this but my passenger side low beam headlight lamp went out. My husband stopped and picked up a replacement for both passenger and driver side. After he changed the bulbs the horn now works when I locked the doors!!! How does that make any sense?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You're not going to believe this but my passenger side low beam headlight lamp went out. My husband stopped and picked up a replacement for both passenger and driver side. After he changed the bulbs the horn now works when I locked the doors!!! How does that make any sense?
I was really hoping you had found a way to disable the audible (horn) confirmation of locking the doors using the remote. I often get home late and my neighbor's bedroom window, who goes to sleep early, is about 20 feet from where I park. :LOL:

As for trying to figure out cause and effect, I gave up on that years ago. If the solution works, say thank you and walk away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts