Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

No audible honk of horn when locking Pilot

3806 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  pecan2phat
I have an 09 Honda pilot and there is no audible honk of horn or flashing of lights when locking the car. I push the fob twice and hear the doors locking but still nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Hello, I have a 2011. should work on 09... Hold Lock and unlock for a few seconds, lights will blink, try hitting the lock button again, it should beep.

· Registered
938 Posts
If you can hear the sounds of door locks but no lights/horn, it means some of door locks failed to engage properly. Double check all doors are properly closed with no seatbelts caught in the jamb, check the tailgate too.

· Registered
11 Posts
You're not going to believe this but my passenger side low beam headlight lamp went out. My husband stopped and picked up a replacement for both passenger and driver side. After he changed the bulbs the horn now works when I locked the doors!!! How does that make any sense?
I was really hoping you had found a way to disable the audible (horn) confirmation of locking the doors using the remote. I often get home late and my neighbor's bedroom window, who goes to sleep early, is about 20 feet from where I park. :LOL:

As for trying to figure out cause and effect, I gave up on that years ago. If the solution works, say thank you and walk away.

· Registered
1 Posts
If you can hear the sounds of door locks but no lights/horn, it means some of door locks failed to engage properly. Double check all doors are properly closed with no seatbelts caught in the jamb, check the tailgate too.
Yes, that’s what happened to me, but it was the front engine hood - it wasn’t latched. I pushed down on the hood, latched it, and now the horn beeps when I lock & alarm the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts