Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best place to start is with getting trouble codes from the HVAC system itself. However, you haven't posted your year, trim level, and whether you have climate control or standard heat/AC system.
Hi,

I have the exact same issue with my 2008 Pilot as well, did you manage to fix it and how?

TIA

~Mani

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone reading this thread here’s what I have found:
1. No air from front center vents, but you have blower motor working (you can hear it if you put the fan on full blast. It’s the motor to the right of the accelerator pedal. You can watch the actuator try to move when you have someone press ‘mode’ with the A/C on full. You should get floor only, floor and defrost and console vents only on different ‘modes’ as displayed on the LCD. Try gently ‘nudging’ the motor in the direction it’s trying to turn. You may want to lightly grease the actuators with some silicone grease. This worked for me - unsticking the ‘mix motor’ gave me back full A/C on the front vents as well as defrost mode.
2. Back AC not working. There is a resistor pack behind a panel at the LH passenger footwell. You can buy this for $10 online, and if you are handy maybe even take it apart and replace the fried components. Transistor, resistor, or whatever. But for $10 I wouldn’t bother. Here’s a YouTube video which completely covers the fix.

BTW- The front and back have separate evaporators- so it’s possible for the front to work but not the back for other reasons. But the above is a cheap and easy fix if you can follow easy directions. If it fixes it, you save $100s compared with going to the “Honda Stealer”. Best of luck.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts