Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm checking 4wheelonline for off road tires, I happen to see these Nitto Ridge Grapplers and was impress by its design. What do you think if I install Nitto Grapplers to my 2011 Pilot? Will it look nice?

Registered
I'm checking 4wheelonline for off road tires, I happen to see these Nitto Ridge Grapplers and was impress by its design. What do you think if I install Nitto Grapplers to my 2011 Pilot? Will it look nice?
I don't know that nice is the correct word. I'd say it would look mean. People will hear you coming and move over to let you go by. 馃槵
Do they come in the correct size?

Registered
They'd look great on a second gen with the more off-road styling. They will certainly be noisier but better tires make a HUGE difference in off road performance.

Registered
The Nitto RG look nice if you鈥檙e going for a more aggressive rugged look but they may not be the best choice for cross country trips or daily commuter if they are noisy. MPG may be affected due to rolling heavier tires.

Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
The Nitto RG look nice if you鈥檙e going for a more aggressive rugged look but they may not be the best choice for cross country trips or daily commuter if they are noisy. MPG may be affected due to rolling heavier tires.
Spot on. Plus that extra weight will increase braking distance. If you are going to use the Pilot on more than dirt trails, ie bit of rock etc, then these might be the right choice for you. However if this is for a car that rides the interstate, picks up at day care etc, nope, these are not the tires for that unless you are solely motivated by looks.

Registered
Spot on. Plus that extra weight will increase braking distance. If you are going to use the Pilot on more than dirt trails, ie bit of rock etc, then these might be the right choice for you. However if this is for a car that rides the interstate, picks up at day care etc, nope, these are not the tires for that unless you are solely motivated by looks.
The Nitto Ridge Grappler is available in the stock size for a 2011 Pilot, so it wouldn't be that much heavier unless you choose a monster truck size.
One then has to ask how much ridge grappling is ever going to be attempted with this vehicle.

Wonder if there's a market for tires with street/highway/touring tread but with knobby sidewalls that look like those from an all-terrain/off-road tire.
Perfect for those who just want the look.

Registered
The Nitto Ridge Grappler is available in the stock size for a 2011 Pilot, so it wouldn't be that much heavier unless you choose a monster truck size.
One then has to ask how much ridge grappling is ever going to be attempted with this vehicle.

Wonder if there's a market for tires with street/highway/touring tread but with knobby sidewalls that look like those from an all-terrain/off-road tire.
Perfect for those who just want the look.
For the posers and mall crawlers that could be a huge market.

Registered
2009 Honda Pilot EX-L
This tire is usually installed on big cars like jeeps and trucks. I don't think it is a good idea to install it on a Pilot unless you use this SUV for off-road adventure.

Registered
I agree that it may not be the best choice especially if you're not prepared to compromise the comfortable daily commuter of your Pilot. If you want those Nitto Ridge Grappler you might as well get a new set of mud tires and wheels to handle off-roading.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts