Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing tires for my 2017 EXL front wheel drive, Narrowed my choices to 2 tires, the Nitto and the Cooper CS5 Touring. Anyone have experience with these particular tires. Leaning more to Nitto, it is an XL load rating versus other tires being SL. Not concerned with tread wear mileage even though they are higher rated.

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
What factors made you narrow down your choices to only those two tires?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I personally cannot live with asymmetrical non-directional tires - looks like different tires on each the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Needing tires for my 2017 EXL front wheel drive, Narrowed my choices to 2 tires, the Nitto and the Cooper CS5 Touring. Anyone have experience with these particular tires. Leaning more to Nitto, it is an XL load rating versus other tires being SL. Not concerned with tread wear mileage even though they are higher rated.
Check Consumer Reports.....they have recent tire tests/results/ratings and they don't sell tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had 20" Nitto 421 on a Flex, ok to start but they seemed to get really hard after 50%. Just something about them I didn't like. They also didn't like WI winters as much as I was hoping, actually that Flex in general didn't like winters or tires. I also punctured 3 of them rather quickly and had plugs in them. They had a good mileage warranty, but they became so hard that I was sliding around too much. I currently am looking for my 2019 EX-L, almost 40k on OEM Bridgestone's. Thinking Firestone LE3, Pirelli Scorpion II, Continental LX25.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
I had 20" Nitto 421 on a Flex, ok to start but they seemed to get really hard after 50%. Just something about them I didn't like. They also didn't like WI winters as much as I was hoping, actually that Flex in general didn't like winters or tires. I also punctured 3 of them rather quickly and had plugs in them. They had a good mileage warranty, but they became so hard that I was sliding around too much. I currently am looking for my 2019 EX-L, almost 40k on OEM Bridgestone's. Thinking Firestone LE3, Pirelli Scorpion II, Continental LX25.
Do you know how old these Nittos were when you were at 50%?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts