Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the 2004 Nissan Quest? I have seen it on TV and in a newspaper ad. It sure looks interesting and has some unique features.
Not a Pilot, but very interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
He was thinking the same thing that the Aztek design team was thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
at least it didnt make it into production looking like that concept picture :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
Quest

It's everything I hate in a minivan styling-wise. Can't wait to see what Honda does with the redesigned '05 Odyssey. It HAS to be prettier:4:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:
:werd: What was Nissan designer Alfonso Albaisa thinking when he sat in front of the CAD system...??? :werd:

that UGLY....murano and quest...what a combination.....:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I saw a billboard ad for the Quest before I started seeing the TV commercials run. Looking at the billboard I had no idea it was a minivan. I thought they were going for a Chrysler Pacifica type wagon.

Anyway it took the TV commercials to straighten it out for me. All in all I think some of the features they are advertising are cool, but the exterior needs help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Nissan really took the minivan to another level....It has a fold-flat rear seat AND fold-flat second row seats! Also, the exclusive "sky-view" glass panels in the roof...4 of them, plus a sunroof for the driver! The panels are the same as in the Maxima. I would like to have them in the Pilot...make it a little more "open" inside.

You can bet that the next-gen Odyssey will have fold-flat second row seats..or at least it better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Windows..

The windows along the roof remind me of my VW Bus...

I would love to have those windows in the top again and a sliding cloth sun roof...but then I never grew up.

Don:2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Re: Windows..

dandbtucker said:
I would love to have those windows in the top again and a sliding cloth sun roof...but then I never grew up.

Don:2:
Don, just remember that it is never too late to have a happy childhood!!! :2: :2:

Perhaps you could install one of those cloth sun roofs in the Pilot!
Heck - maybe even pass it for a '05 model!!!!!

:awais:

BTW, where is Washoe Valley? Mrs. Colorider and I will be heading down towards Laughlin next month for a family reunion. Is there anyplace in NV that is hotter than Laughlin?????
:22:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Laughlin..

colorider said:


BTW, where is Washoe Valley? Mrs. Colorider and I will be heading down towards Laughlin next month for a family reunion. Is there anyplace in NV that is hotter than Laughlin?????
:22:
Washoe Valley is just south of Reno, NV next to Washoe Lake and just over the hill from Lake Tahoe. Quiet and beautiful...and a world apart from the city.

I don't think there is anyplace hotter in Nevada than Laughlin. But remember it's a dry heat...right?

Doubt Mrs Colorider will come through Reno but if she does let us know and we will be on the lookout. And if she needs anything...she can call on us.

Don & Brenda:4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
you'll either love or hate the futuristic dashboard. And a color for the interior leather is "rouge" which looks sort of basketball colored in the pics...bhut with the all black color the dash is in with it, looks pretty cool. I'd love to see it in person. It drove pertty nice...much better to me than the Ody or Sienna. If the 2nd row capt chairs could slide together, I might own one instead of the Pilot!

The exterior, to me, was more interesting than the Sienna/Ody/town and country.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I started this thread, I was attracted to the interior and the roof treatment, not the exterior. I think it is kind of far out but will definately sell, in my opinion which is not worth much. I'll keep my Pilot!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Re: Laughlin..

dandbtucker said:


Washoe Valley is just south of Reno, NV next to Washoe Lake and just over the hill from Lake Tahoe. Quiet and beautiful...and a world apart from the city.

I don't think there is anyplace hotter in Nevada than Laughlin. But remember it's a dry heat...right?

Doubt Mrs Colorider will come through Reno but if she does let us know and we will be on the lookout. And if she needs anything...she can call on us.

Don & Brenda:4:
Okay thanks!!! I guess I have been near there then since I spent the night in Reno last year on my way to Ashland OR for a motorcycle "gathering". Pretty country!!!

Both Mrs. Colorider and I will be going next month. I want to take he down to see the London Bridge too while we are there.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
My dream is to take my Pilot to Burning Man. Cross country drives not super likely though. I usually rent an explorer and try to keep it clean in the desert...LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
A co-worker tested the new Quest this weekend. It is awesome.

lots of coat hooks, TWO DVD screens (one for each row) and the NAV system. the doors and the hatch close with the touch of a button, sunroof and the skylights. etc.

I like it. I have to say that if I didn't love my Pilot so much, I'd get one, even though the exterior is a bit "different". His dealer told him he could get the top of the line, leather, dual DVD, Nav, etc, etc, for $29,000 out the door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
catbert said:
A co-worker tested the new Quest this weekend. It is awesome.

lots of coat hooks, TWO DVD screens (one for each row) and the NAV system. the doors and the hatch close with the touch of a button, sunroof and the skylights. etc.

I like it. I have to say that if I didn't love my Pilot so much, I'd get one, even though the exterior is a bit "different". His dealer told him he could get the top of the line, leather, dual DVD, Nav, etc, etc, for $29,000 out the door.
Wow! I, for one, like the styling of the Quest. Not too radical but different.
Does the Quest seat 8?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
trust me, I remember...if they'd had a 2nd row with front and center bench feature like the volvo suv or the 04 sienna, or a side by slide feature like the MPV or odyssey, it might've been my car!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top