Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 RES and the kids have been bugging me to put one of our game consoles in the Pilot when we go on long trips. I have quite a few game consoles so I had many options. What I wanted was an installation location that would allow the kids to easily change the games. While I was looking for places to install a console I happened to pull down the center armrest in the 2nd row seat and I realized it was custom made for a Nintendo Gamecube. So, I set out to find a way to power the Gamecube.

For power I ended spending $10 on one of these:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801479

The tray depth is a bit too deep causing the AV cable and memory cards to hang up on the edge of the tray. To fix this I added a piece of cardboard and then a piece of antislip mat that I found at the hardware store which raise the Gamecuge just enough to get the AV cable and mem cards over the edge. A better solution would be to use a thick enough piece of neoprene.

We used Nintendo's Wavebird controllers (wireless) to round out the system. The kids say they can play almost all of their games on the 7" RES screen (soccer didn't work out because the players were too small on the screen.) On our most recent trip we traveled round trip for about 10 hours and they didn't ask to see a single movie so I guess the mobile Gamecube is a big hit.

Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forget to mention the headphones. The wireless headphones that come with the 04 Pilot are heavy and uncomfortable and don't do anything to reduce external noise. Instead we use the Sony MDR-NC20 noise cancelling headphones (which are not wireless). They are great as they reduce external noise allowing you to hear with a lower volume level. They are aslo much more comfortable.

Crutchfield sells them for $149.99, but I think you can find them cheaper on the web.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/...&c=4&g=50000&I=158MDRNC20&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N

1 - 5 of 5 Posts