Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Night view of my Pilot, taken from the third row. You can see my Navi and aftermarket DVD player. The four red lights at the top of the picture are the infrared LED transmitters for the headsets. They are nowhere near that bright to the naked eye but they look cool in the picture :p

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great picture! I thought the pilot can't have both Navi and DVD. How much did you spend for the aftermarket DVD and install? What's the total damage?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The aftermarket DVD cost $1,100. There was no room left in the dash so we mounted the DVD player in the glove compartment. This actually works quite well since the only thing you do with the player is put the DVD in it.

The whole thing is controlled by an handheld remote that has a sensor mounted on the dash. Whoever is in the passenger seat simply uses the remote to control the DVD. We keep the remote in the cell phone holder in the center console.

Sound works two ways. The DVD broadcasts it on 89.1 FM so we can use the main stereo system. We also have three infrared headsets for the girls if we want to listen to something different up front.

I'm normally extremely frugal but we wanted the DVD and budgeted for it. On long trips to grandma's (six hours) the DVD is worth its weight in gold!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts