Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any kind of comment on this new plug? It is supposed to outlast/outperform Iridium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm waiting for the Vibranium spark plugs, now that Wakanda have opened up access to their mines.

Sorry, couln't help myself!
Iridium plugs are great, so if these Ruthenium ones (that I have never heard of before) are better, they are surely good. But be aware. There are tons of counterfeit spark plugs out there. In fact, it's quite hard to get the real deal, unless you buy from a super reliable source and pay the price to match. I have bought several sets of Iridium plugs from various sources (E-bay, Amazon, forum sales guys), and all of those have been fake.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I have a 8 cylinder Nissan NV with a set of NGK Ruthenium HX plugs installed. So far they are performing great after 35k miles. To say they will go the full 100k miles is yet to be seen. I do recommend them based on price and I trust the brand.
I do not recommend NGK IX. Some are being sold these at a high price at their local parts store to replace NGK Laser Iridium. These may be good for only 40-50k.

Reactions: adg8165

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
I have a 8 cylinder Nissan NV with a set of NGK Ruthenium HX plugs installed. So far they are performing great after 35k miles. To say they will go the full 100k miles is yet to be seen. I do recommend them based on price and I trust the brand.
I do not recommend NGK IX. Some are being sold these at a high price at their local parts store to replace NGK Laser Iridium. These may be good for only 40-50k.
The NGK IX iridium plugs do not have an iridium tip on the ground electrode and will not last as long as the OEM spec Lazer iridium plugs which do. From what I have seen, the Ruthenium plugs are similar to the IX iridiums and also just have a nickel plated ground electrode.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I'm waiting for the Vibranium spark plugs, now that Wakanda have opened up access to their mines.

Sorry, couln't help myself!
Ok, I'm like what is he talking about?
The joke is on me. 😁

Reactions: Steffo

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Do EV's have spark plugs then?

Da-Da-Dum- Chisch!
If you think I was serious, I'm going to shoot you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts