Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning and hope all are safe and well! Thrilled to have found this community!

Hoping for any suggestions here - we experienced some scrapes just above the rear right wheel of 2020 Pilot. The damage is to the black plastic and not the car paint itself. I've attached photos for reference. Would anyone have suggestions or experience on how to repair/fix on own?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, very much appreciated!

- JLopes in Chicago

Attachments

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Good morning and hope all are safe and well! Thrilled to have found this community!

Hoping for any suggestions here - we experienced some scrapes just above the rear right wheel of 2020 Pilot. The damage is to the black plastic and not the car paint itself. I've attached photos for reference. Would anyone have suggestions or experience on how to repair/fix on own?

- JLopes in Chicago
I'd buy a new trim piece from the dealership. Remove trim by removing screws in the fender well. Then gently pull the trim off that's held on by clips. If you break a clip, you would want to replace. Dont want your trim piece to blow off in the wind.
I'll work on an item # for you.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

- JLopes in Chicago
Try using a scratch compound (you can get it from target/Walmart) that might help.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 191,000 miles
248 Posts
You can buy prepainted pieces from Honda. That’s gonna be your easiest option. Looks like it down to the raw plastic so it won’t buff out. Follow @Nail Grease advice!

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
OP you've gotten good information so far and I feel your pain but.....
images.jpeg

---one cheap alternative is sanding it down smooth and flashing some black rattle can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts