Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning from AZ! I thought I joined this group a while back but apparently not. Have an 08 Pilot EX-L. Will be heading to a shop to check and maybe replace front suspensions as I'm hearing a rattling noise and seems to get worse.....Am I heading in the right direction? Noise coming from the right front wheel area when driving it.....it has 142K and owned from the beginning.....Will be talking to you folks....

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Good Morning from AZ! I thought I joined this group a while back but apparently not. Have an 08 Pilot EX-L. Will be heading to a shop to check and maybe replace front suspensions as I'm hearing a rattling noise and seems to get worse.....Am I heading in the right direction? Noise coming from the right front wheel area when driving it.....it has 142K and owned from the beginning.....Will be talking to you folks....
Hello,
Yes, Sounds like a strut may need replacing.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
Welcome to the board. Easiest thing to do is jack up the front end so both wheels are off the ground, and start checking for play/wiggle, while also visual inspecting things like the compliance bushings for the lower control arms, the stabilizer bar end links, inner/outer tierods, etc.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Arizonan and happy Pilot owner.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
Check the Cat heat shield.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,293 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check all the things mentioned above, and the sway bar bushings as well if the noise sounds like clunking at low speeds over road imperfections. If it's more of a metallic rattling, yes, cat heat shields first, and maybe loose dust shield behind the brake rotor. Just tore one off behind my daughter's 2007 right rear brake, after also reattaching a loose cat heat shield helped reduce rattling, but not completely. Rattling solved.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to update the good people here......replaced front struts, lower control arms including ball joints, and sway bar links. Wheeeew.....a lighter wallet I must say....but then again in 12 years, except for tires, regular fluid changes, not so bad.......2008 EX=L with 141K!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts