Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I sent a msg to Cust Service @ Exotic Woods. As many of you know, they sell a reasonably priced dash kit for the base Pilot (http://www.exoticwooddash.com/honda.htm). I asked if they are planning to add a NAVI trim to their line. Here is the response:

Subject: Re: Honda Pilot
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002

please call in 2 week we will have an updated kit
Sincerely,

Customer Service
Exotic Wood Dash
Real Wood Dash Kits and Wood Trim Automotive Accessories

I wonder if anybody has already installed their product. They say it's easy to install. Is it so? How does it look in real life? Everything looks nice in commercials and on Web pages, you know. Their "full" kit is sort of an overkill, IMO. Too many parts. The smaller kit seems more tasteful to me. What do you think?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the same questions. Here's what I've found. There are a whole bunch of people reselling the same products.
Kit sizes range from a low of about 20 up to 56 pieces.
Priced from $130 to $215.
I'm interested in brushed aluminum but when you read the detail from some you see that it is synthetic resins or have a thick epoxy top coat and there is no actual aluminum in the material. The one place that seems to have "the real thing" is www.veneerz.com. The problem though, possibly, is he warns that the material is not molded and is flat and may have difficulty with covex/cave surfaces.
Also the kit @veneerz.com is big at 56 pieces and has some interesting pieces for the storage/console area.

Long story short is there anyone who has used this or similar non plastic brushed aluminum (as on the accord)dash trim on a pilot?

thanks
Mooz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts