Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 Pilot.

I have a plastic molding that goes over the front windshield. There's nothing that allows for it to snap into place. It looks like it would be two-sided tape, or glue. Any suggestions on what I would use?

Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Unless it's my client, I can't see the images I posted. Can anyone see my photos I've attached?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes, the photos are there. There are supposed to be a few plastic clips in there that hold the molding in place.
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2011-honda-pilot-5dr_ex-l_2wd-ka-5at/front-windshield-quarter-glass.html
Did you find any fragments of the clips?

We have had the windshield on our 2010 replaced twice due to chips from rocks. Both times the installer remarked about how fragile those clips are and he would show me a partial clip still in place. To reinstall, they would just use the same adhesive for the molding that they used for the windshield. I suppose you can buy the clips and see if that works. But you could also call or stop by a glass shop and ask them what to use and see if you can buy it online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay. So, looks like I'll need to buy the clips. That makes sense. And I guess maybe I can use some industrial strength double-sided tape.

Good enough.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts