Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought our 2016 EXL AWD 10 days before Christmas last year. It had 36K on it, and dealer installed 4 new Bridgestone Dueler HP Sports.3 days before Christmas I ended up having to put Snows on it - so I just had them installed on the factory rims.

I had a hard time deciding on rims to put regular tires on, as there are so many. With rough roads and potholes - I had always read that Konig and Enkei had better quality and resistance to cracking and or bending. Since car is Steel Sapphire- I was not sure if a gloss black rim would look good, or something more conventional.

Town Fair Tire gave me a pretty good package on Konig Intention's - mounted installed, balanced, aligned and including the hub spacers and spline lugs for $637 plus tax. I wanted them to include TPMS's in their quote, but said I was better off getting them from Honda as the units they sell do not work well with Honda's, especially the newer systems that list individual pressures(that what they claim anyway).

Anyway - I went to Bernardiparts and saw I can get TPMS's for $26 each for part 42753-TG7-A51 plus the 12 delivery here in Mass and tax.
Does that part number include the washer, nut and cap?
Will I need to go to Honda after these are mounted for activation, or will these be ready to go and start working after a few miles?

The wheels won't be in for 10 days so I got time to get the Sensors.

Thx
Chris

·
Registered
300 Posts
The TPMS is self-activating, you just drive around and in 30 min to 1 hour they settle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts