Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

My alloy wheels are pretty much roached on my 08 Pilot and soon I will need tires as well. Was thinking if I could get a decent set of tires and wheels combo that wouldn't break the bank I may go that route. Maybe thinking of some used MDX or Pilot rims. One thing of concern is the tire pressure monitoring... how would I get this to sync up with the new set of shoes?

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
329 Posts
Can't believe you haven't gotten any answers. I have some MDX rims on my 08. Going to be stripping the tires off, and TPMS sensors (one is dead), then sending them to be powdercoated. I already have the new TPMS sensors and tires. You don't need to program these, just drive.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks for the answers. What year are your MDX wheels?

I kind of have an odd issue with my TPMS sensor on my Pilot... I drive for maybe a half our and the TPMS light comes on, sometimes it goes away while driving another 15minutes longer or so and sometimes it stays on... I wonder what that means.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
329 Posts
It most likely means your sensor battery is at the end of its life. My rims are off of an 04 MDX. They look like this. Not sure if I'm going black or dark grey when I get them done. They are Plasti Dipped in this pic. One is curbed, so I got another clean rim and will use the curbed one as the spare.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
You don't need to program these, just drive.
This is correct. It's particularly galling when a place tries to charge you for "programming" your Pilot's TPMS sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts