Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seattle PI article

Save your receipts, and deduct that outrageous Pilot tax that I couldn't....Personally, with 8.6% tax here, I spent nearly 3K in taxes alone on my Pilot.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
Seattle PI article

Save your receipts, and deduct that outrageous Pilot tax that I couldn't....Personally, with 8.6% tax here, I spent nearly 3K in taxes alone on my Pilot.
Don't get too excited.

You are just gettingt the income tax back on teh state tax you pay.
That is only about 1/4 to 1/3 on the total.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, as broke as I am, I am actually excited about a few hundred extra bucks this year! Sad, yes. But we've been getting taxed to death here and any break is nice for us youngins' :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:
Well, as broke as I am, I am actually excited about a few hundred extra bucks this year! Sad, yes. But we've been getting taxed to death here and any break is nice for us youngins' :D
I bought mine January of last year. I wonder if I can deduct it for this year, basically I bought before the deduction. That alone should max out the $500 i'm elligible for.

If you think your gettting taxed to death, move to California.

$1500+ 9.25% of your income (for my tax bracket)
1% real estate tax (San Diego County)
7.75% sales tax (San Diego Country)

All total I got a "tax discount" of 8%. Now with the sales tax deduction, and the soon to be 2 tax discounts. I'm all set. But I do think they need to lower the property taxes, and riase gas tax or something else.

Man I need to look into that tax break for the pilot.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
PNW-Pilot said:

. . But I do think they need to lower the property taxes, and riase gas tax or something else.

. .
You want property taxes, try IL! :3: :3: :3:

·
Registered
709 Posts
N_Jay said:

It is 1.6% (or 1.7%) here what is it up there. My Father Pays 3% in New Jersey, the Mafia has to get money from somewhere.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
N_Jay said:

and chicago city will soon have sales tax of 10%... :3:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
N_Jay said:

Let's be clear on terms. In Virginia, there is a property tax (cars, boats, etc.) and a real estate tax. I presume you're referring to property as real estate.

And don't even get me started on our dipstick former governor who ran on a no car tax pledge, eliminated part of it (the car tax was deductible on federal returns) only to have this administratin have to raise the sales tax (not deductible on federal returns) half a percent to make up the deficit that stupid pledge created.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts