Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking some pics of a Hummer, I got the great idea to do the same with other vehicles. But only found this 4Runner worthy enough.

Can everyone see that my wife was having a HELL of a time during all this!:rolleyes: ;) :p

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Our Pilot's definitely a better looking SUV, but it'll be interesting to read some of the reviews for the new 4Runner. But just as they did with the Celica, Toyota might be pricing themselves out of the intended market with this one.

Do you really need a V-8? I drove my parents' ML 430 for a week and I wasn't overly impressed by it. As ridiculous as it may sound, I believe that the Pilot's a better car, period, than the ML 430.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What on Earth is up with the C-pillars on that 4-Runner? It's a nice looking car (even though it only has 2 rows of seats), but then -wham! they take away a large chunk of key visibility.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Great pics ...

The 4-Runner kind of looks like a big RAV-4 crossed with an Exploder ....

PrG

·
Registered
106 Posts
4runner vs pilot

I was also out looking at the new 4Runner on the week-end, and confirmed what I thought when I saw pics -

IT is one ugly looking, over priced, over hyped piece of metal - or should I say plastic because of the wierd fender flares.

This thing looks so gaudy with all that plastic.

Pretty expensive 5 seater if you ask me. I'll take the Pilot anytime.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would have loved the 4Runner in another day and Another time.

It was a good SUV once upon time. But, competition now is for Car-like SUV's wiht ample inside usable space and seating capacity of more that 5.
Honda Pilot scores high marks on all counts and surprisingly looks much better that the 4Runner. I would have loved the 4Runner in another day and Another time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
$4 Runner Limited

That pic is the SR 5. I was at the Toyota dealership with my Sienna the other day and saw both a Limited and the SR5. The Limited does not have the plastic gray fender flares and looks nice. Many could argue it to be nicer looking than the Pilot The Limited is more luxurious inside...nicer Leather for sure. BUT....The Limited was $41,500! Only 2 rows of seats. Did have a V8 as well.
The SR5 was only about $33K, with cloth seats and V6.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looks like the 4-Runner suffers from a MAJOR identity crisis! :1zhelp: Looks like a bunch of kids drew certain parts of the vehicle and they just slapped it all together. The Pilot next to it looks so clean and elegant.

:28: on the 4-Runner!!

Edit -- OK, I just looked at those pictures again (ugh!) and here's my take on the 4Runner.
----Front looks like a Mitsubishi SUV
----Side fender flares looks like a Chevy Avalanche
----The back has resemblance (God for bid) of a Ford Windstar.....you can see it a little in the taillights, but even more in the black rubber strip that goes above the license plate box. Windstars have that same design.

When Toyota has to copy off Mitsubishi and Ford........ :headshak:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: $4 Runner Limited

mikmax1 said:
That pic is the SR 5. I was at the Toyota dealership with my Sienna the other day and saw both a Limited and the SR5. The Limited does not have the plastic gray fender flares and looks nice. Many could argue it to be nicer looking than the Pilot The Limited is more luxurious inside...nicer Leather for sure. BUT....The Limited was $41,500! Only 2 rows of seats. Did have a V8 as well.
The SR5 was only about $33K, with cloth seats and V6.
The real advantage the 4R Limited has is that great looking hood scoop - I'd pay the diff just for that! :16:

·
Registered
664 Posts
How about the plastic cladding and flat wheel well tops ala GM Avalanche? I just realize this is not my style of vehicle. Thanks goodness for the Pilot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
plastic

It seems Japanese car makers have found Pontiac's hidden stash of plastic body cladding. Have you seen the Subaru Baja? It sets new standards for ugliness. One can only hope that Honda doesn't have any interest in that cladding trash.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a chance to drive a new 03 Limited Runner w/ V8. The power was hands-down impressive!

Just like previous Runners, no head room (unless you like leaning your seat way back). The back seat is for small adults and/or children only. You can't put your feet (not even toes) under the front seats while sitting in the back, which really cramps things.

I think if you did a lot of towing (not that their limit it much higher than the Pilot), the torque of that V8 would be nice. Price is way up there ($42K for the one I drove), but people have been getting $1500 - $2000 off MSRP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts