Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I just purchased my first Pilot and was looking for some tips and hacks for making it last and for tricking it out. It’s a 2013 EX-L with 92k on it. It’s still at the dealership getting serviced and prepped before I pick it up. It’s a one owner car that was routinely serviced by Honda and was driven in GA.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

There is a multitude of tips for making it last. One many espouse is disabling the VCM. Good Synthetic oil and Transmission. You will find or get many suggestions for both. There are also a couple of threads specifically dealing with both oil and ATF as well as VCM.

As for tricking it out, it would be good to explain what you mean. Pilots have been "tricked out" in a multitude of was.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy the new ride and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
2013 Pilot Touring
12 Posts
Hi All. I just purchased my first Pilot and was looking for some tips and hacks for making it last and for tricking it out. It’s a 2013 EX-L with 92k on it. It’s still at the dealership getting serviced and prepped before I pick it up. It’s a one owner car that was routinely serviced by Honda and was driven in GA.
Hiya, Misfit! Did you get it yet?
We just got our 2013 a few months ago, and I am diggin' it. My wife decided she likes our other car better, so I am good with that!

I installed the S-VCM device and found it simple to install and trouble-free so far (4k miles).
Also, I got a full-size spare wheel right away, mostly for safety reasons. - Recommended
Since you mentioned "hacks," here are a couple of easy mods that I did right away for Uber driving, and are pretty easy if you're into that sort of thing: Disable Daytime Running Lights and Tailgate Beepers. (You can find both by searching my posts here.)

Enjoy the new ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts