Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a white 2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4x4. Found one with one owner, garage kept, 90k miles, and full-service history (new tires and new belts) at the local honda dealer. Paid $12,000. Not a screaming deal but not bad. The interior is as perfect as it could be. 3rd-row seats never used, headphones never opened.

• I need running boards badly. Is there one most recommend?
  • Also, I guess being mine is 2011 I don't have Bluetooth audio streaming - just calls? Would a Roav be the solution to wireless audio streaming? Home - Roav It would plugin perfectly to the aux and the power is right next to it in the armrest storage.
  • How to add remote start?
  • Do I need to worry about the VCM/ring issue?
I'm guessing getting android auto would cost too much. Any other accessories most jump on and get for their pilots?

Oh and note: It's one of the most perfectly sized cars I've driven. Like the largest mid-sized you can go. I really like the boxiness. I sit very upright on long-distance and in most cars my head will touch the roof. So much headroom. Speaking of the driver's seat can seriously adjust so damn high and go so damn low. The shifter is convenient but I bump it a lot reaching for things. I imagine I'll get used to it.

This started as a stopgap until we could get a 5-year-old used telluride/palisade. We didn't love the new pilots. After driving this thing, I like it so much more than the newer pilots. Feels bigger but I know the boxiness hurts the mpg. Feels heavier too.

The road noise being a little loud is my only real complaint so far. Oh and the thin leather on the arm rests. I saw a lot of used ones where it was broken. Mine is fine so far but I feel I need to baby it to keep it from wearing out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i also own a 2011 touring with nav. 2 wheel drive. for running boards i bought a set off ebay called i-boards. decent and priced good. ive installed the vcm cant complain either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do I need to disable the vcm thing?

Update I got a shake today and it took a bit extra to shift from 2nd to 3rd. Is this the vcm issue everyone is talking about?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i just bought a set of leveling lift kit off ebay as well going to get it professionally installed. i post pics then as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts