Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's 2005 Ody LX suffered an early demise due to being rear-ended and totaled due to low value vs. cost to repair. I have (and love) a 2011 CR-V SE, but it can't handle a family of 4 with some luggage on road trips. The Pilot seemed like a great replacement.

Little did I know we'd be facing a pandemic used car shortage when we decided to buy a used Pilot!

After some issues trying to buy a different Pilot from Carmax, this one fell into my hands:

It is a 2018 EX-L with Sensing, and the previous owner had the lift done, and replaced the OEM wheels. They also added the hitch receiver and trailer lighting, but not the tranny cooler.

I'm not impressed with carmax's "deep cleaning" as there's quite a bit of grime on the lower trim (previous owner lived on a dirt road), and it looks like someone went off-roading with open sodas on the inside. The seats' surfaces and dash are clean, but start poking around, and you find sticky stuff everywhere.

The mods will begin as soon as we hit the 1500 miles of the 30 day/1500 miles return window. First will be roof rails, and Thule crossbars, and permanently installing the dashcam.

Coolest part is that it was purchased new in 2019, so we've got a year or 18K miles left on the original warranty.

Q

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,992 Posts
Welcome to the forum. the Pilot looks sharp. Glad that you were able to find something in the used car market . . . it's crazy out there right now.

Reactions: Queue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. the Pilot looks sharp. Glad that you were able to find something in the used car market . . . it's crazy out there right now.
Thanks for the welcome. It is definitely a crazy time but we got lucky. Wife isn't a fan of the lift, but mechanic said we'd need new struts to un-lift it. At that cost, the lift stays.

Personally, I like it. I'll like it more once I de- grime the wheel wells and plastic trim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts