Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot Elite
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I just received my fathers 2017 Honda Pilot last week and I must say I love it. My father passed away in February and I was fortunate enough to be given his Pilot. He was with me when I purchased my two civics (08 Ex, 11 Si) and while this is titled in my name it will be my wife’s vehicle. I am purchasing a ridgeline and unfortunately my dad will not be with me as I buy this one. Since owning i have had the pilot detailed, 3M PPF was added, tinted the front windows and ordered the rear cargo mat and door sill protectors. I will be getting the curb rashed fixed on the wheel and was able to transfer the extended warranty. I am looking forward to many road trips in the pilot with my family (wife and three kids). I do have two questions (I did search but couldn’t seem to locate answers).
  1. How do you remove the tailgate trim? I’d like to replace
  2. Anyone replace their glovebox? Easy to swap the lock over? I saw a video on YouTube for box removal (not lock) and it didn’t seem to bad, I have trim pry tools just wanted to see if it was harder than it seems.
I look forward to learning a lot from other members! I was a part of 8thcivic back in the day and learned so much from being a part of that community.

Also- if anyone is in the Phila area and looking for accessories- check out conicelli parts- similar to BKhonda prices!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Great story and great Pilot! Hopefully it serves your family well for years to come!

My father also helped me purchase my '11 Si sedan. That care was an absolute riot, that K20 is one of the sweetest engines I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Miss the engine, but my 6'3" obese body does not miss the seats.

Reactions: Kevin215

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That Pilot will have special meaning to you and your family. Enjoy the future memories you’ll create on the family vacations.

I’m guessing if you hop over to the third gen section of the forum that someone will be able to answer your questions. My wife still drives our first gen.

Reactions: Kevin215
1 - 3 of 3 Posts