Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just joined the club by picking up an '04 Pilot EX-L w/90k miles to be my new DD. For the age it's in pretty good shape and was well taken care of, at least by the first owner who had it for 12 years and put on about 50K miles. The second owner, well, other than oil changes I'm not sure what other service was done. Now that I have it this weekend I'll be putting in new rear diff fluid, trans fluid and filter, trans cooler, engine mounts (at least one is on it's way out), backup camera and head-unit. Hoping for many more miles from my Pilot and with the help of this forum I'm sure that won't be a problem. James

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
Welcome to the forum.

We're all about Honda Pilots here, but we also have a sweet tooth for vintage cars. Post pics of your 1972 Olds Cutlass.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure if a build thread is in the works just yet, maybe if I install a lift or set it up for overlanding. Right now I'm just making it a livable/reliable daily driver. My Cutlass isn't much to look at right not, still need to get to paint and interior but frame, brakes, drivetrain, steering, cooling has all been updated. After 15 years I finally got it back on the road over the summer, still some bugs to work out but she drives great. In the process of replacing my Silverado master cylinder with a Wilwood piece, just didn't like the feel of the pedal. Here are some pics and a short vid from the cam swap I just did:

New cam first startup

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
I'm not sure if a build thread is in the works just yet, maybe if I install a lift or set it up for overlanding. Right now I'm just making it a livable/reliable daily driver. My Cutlass isn't much to look at right not, still need to get to paint and interior but frame, brakes, drivetrain, steering, cooling has all been updated. After 15 years I finally got it back on the road over the summer, still some bugs to work out but she drives great. In the process of replacing my Silverado master cylinder with a Wilwood piece, just didn't like the feel of the pedal. Here are some pics and a short vid from the cam swap I just did:

View attachment 142506
View attachment 142507
View attachment 142509
View attachment 142510
View attachment 142511
View attachment 142512

New cam first startup
She purrs beautifully.

And I spy
with my little eye
Maxlife ATF
Yo, that's def

Registered
Banned from wife鈥檚 2005 Pilot LX
Seeing that case if MaxLife probably put a smile in a bunch of Piloteers鈥 faces.
That鈥檚 a nice low mileage Pilot you found.
Welcome to the forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you much!
I was going to get Honda ATF but after digging around on here it seemed like MaxLife was the ATF of choice so MaxLife it is. (y)

Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Elite- Sapphire Steel Metallic 7P (gray) Delivery Date: 11-14-20
Nice Pilot! Nice Oldsmobile !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot ScDevon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts