Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! I'm new here and just put down my "good faith" check and my Pilot is to hit production mid September!! I can't wait!! Also wanted to say thank you to everyone even though I'm new. I have gathered much information from many of you here over the last few days which has been very helpful!!

I'm so happy to have found a place to share my excitement and my experience when my Pilot arrives!:2:

·
Registered
919 Posts
TexPilot,

Welcome! Isn't it great to have a place like this where you can exchange model specific information? Keep us posted as you get closer to production and delivery. When you get your production number, send it over to Havasu for the list. Good luck!

Chris

·
Registered
111 Posts
Welcome TexPilot!

It's a tough wait, but that makes it all the sweeter when the big day arrives. We took photos and generally made a whole happy day out of it! I have to admit I've never been a big SUV fan, but I love our Pilot!

What model/color did you order?

--
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am eagerly awaiting the EX with Leather in Sagebrush Pearl!! I have been told to expect it late October to early November!! It's gonna be real hard for me, patience was not one of my better gifts!! Hehehe!!

Oh and xyzzy (OMG it's been a long time since I've used that) I remember THAT!!! LOL

Thanks you guys for the warm welcome!! I will definetly keep ya posted and thanks for the info on passing my info to havasu.

;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome home TexPilot! You will love it here. It took me about 70 post before I got my Pilot, so just keep on posting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a great site for support, friendship, and knowledge. If i ever had a problem, i feel that i could get support from this site. I also have learned alot from everyone else. Recall notice, sunroof info, problems with SUV, etc. are only a small portion of what i learned here in the past two months

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome TexPilot

Can't say I've found anything the makes the waiting any less painful, but I know for sure that it'll be well worth the wait!:19:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sagebrush is an appropriate color for West Texas!
:D

·
Registered
919 Posts
vegasdude said:
Welcome home TexPilot! You will love it here. It took me about 70 post before I got my Pilot, so just keep on posting.
Yeah, but it took SoapPlant 280+ posts to get his. Once again, YMMV.

Chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well alright then!!! I'll just post away!! Maybe it will help the time fly by faster!!! Hehehe

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome aboard, TexPilot!! You will be amazed at how much information you will learn by coming here and even more amazing, is that you will know so much more than your salesperson!!

For example, I went to the dealership today to drop off the check for my Pilot which I will be picking up tomorrow and I asked my salesman about the recall for the water pump/timing belt. He had no idea, so I gave him the approximate VIN #s and what information I had. Then I said to him, "Isn't it great that the Pilots, Odysseys and Accords will be getting XM Satellite Radio after October 1st?" His response was, "they are?" He said that people on the Internet get info much faster than they do--they are usually the last to know.

Again, welcome:2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the warm welcome chiquita!! Funny you should mention the "knowing more than the salesman"!!

I figured out real quick I knew more than my salesman. Granted he's a nice guy, but don't salesmen know how to use the internet?? The info is out there!!! Heck......ALOT of it HERE!!!

I don't see any reason, why the excuse should be "we can't keep those Pilots on the lots long enough for us to get familiar with them".....what a bunch of bologna!!! Those guys need to do their homework.......need to know what they are selling!!

Get online....go to the Honda website, this website, anywhere, somewhere!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome ...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome and great decision.

For details on how to make the wait go faster be sure to get in contact with SoapPlant, he's a pro!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome aboard TexPilot,

You couldn't have come to a better place. Lots of advice, stories, and good ol' folks here with plenty to say.

·
Registered
111 Posts
TexPilot said:
Thank you for the warm welcome chiquita!! Funny you should mention the "knowing more than the salesman"!!

I figured out real quick I knew more than my salesman. Granted he's a nice guy, but don't salesmen know how to use the internet?? The info is out there!!! Heck......ALOT of it HERE!!!

I don't see any reason, why the excuse should be "we can't keep those Pilots on the lots long enough for us to get familiar with them".....what a bunch of bologna!!! Those guys need to do their homework.......need to know what they are selling!!

Get online....go to the Honda website, this website, anywhere, somewhere!! :rolleyes:
Fully agree! It's the only business I know of where the customer is routinely better informed than [most] of the sales people. How does that make sense :confused:

I asked one of the sales people why they didn't have computers w/internet access at their desks and they said it was Honda policy. This after they'd wasted about 25 minutes trying to figure out what the price of the backup sensor was, when I could've got that from straight from the Honda website in about 10 seconds! :3: I guess if you're surfin' you ain't sellin', but this business is still mostly in the dark ages if you ask me.

On the flip side, the salesperson at the dealer I finally bought from was extremely knowledgeable. He showed me a few things that I didn't know. Of course, I still managed to show him a few things courtesy of my fellow Pilots from this site!

---
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SkyPilot said:

I asked one of the sales people why they didn't have computers w/internet access at their desks and they said it was Honda policy. This after they'd wasted about 25 minutes trying to figure out what the price of the backup sensor was, when I could've got that from straight from the Honda website in about 10 seconds! :3: I guess if you're surfin' you ain't sellin', but this business is still mostly in the dark ages if you ask me.

--

Hehehe.......I was only interested in 3 accessories and had spouted the off the quotes for each one as he was looking them up. One of those priceless moments if you ask me!! :12:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome TexPilot.

I agree with you in that the salepeople should not be using the excuse that 'lot of info is available on the internet and they can't get any info the vehicle'. That makes the internet and these forums in particular so great that news travel MUCH faster.

Participating in this forum will make the wait 'bearable'.

Hang in there.

TexPilot said:

·
Registered
310 Posts
chiquita said:
Welcome aboard, TexPilot!! You will be amazed at how much information you will learn by coming here and even more amazing, is that you will know so much more than your salesperson!!

For example, I went to the dealership today to drop off the check for my Pilot which I will be picking up tomorrow and I asked my salesman about the recall for the water pump/timing belt. He had no idea, so I gave him the approximate VIN #s and what information I had. Then I said to him, "Isn't it great that the Pilots, Odysseys and Accords will be getting XM Satellite Radio after October 1st?" His response was, "they are?" He said that people on the Internet get info much faster than they do--they are usually the last to know.

Again, welcome:2: :2: :2: :2:
First, off. Welcome, TexPilot. This board is one of the best things about my Pilot.

Second, with reference to the quote from chiquita, it never ceases to amaze me how salespeople whose living hinges at least to some extent on knowledge don't take the opportunity to learn that is offered by this site, even if they have to do it on their own time at home. I sold Hondas for a summer many years ago and would have been all over a resource like this site.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The more Pilot people the better, I just signed up yesterday. I found this group after getting our Pilot, kind of wish I found it before.

So enjoy, I know I am

Chris

1 - 20 of 37 Posts