Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Which tires out of these 3 would you buy?

• Bridgestone Ecopia HL 422

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need new tires for my 2016 Elite.

Had good luck with both the OEM Conti’s and Bridgestone although the Continentals had a slight advantage in spirited driving.

Bridgestone and LX Sport weight under 30 lbs per tire which I definitely like. Leaning towards the LX Sport due to the driving characteristics.

Anybody got any experience with these? I know many like Michelin and Pirelli but they’re not available in my area as of now.

Also considering going one size wider from stock size to 255/50/20. But I’m not sure how much would speed, grip and weight would be sacrificed. Plus the wheel is 8 inch wide so not exactly suited for 255.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Need new tires for my 2016 Elite.

Had good luck with both the OEM Conti’s and Bridgestone although the Continentals had a slight advantage in spirited driving.

Bridgestone and LX Sport weight under 30 lbs per tire which I definitely like. Leaning towards the LX Sport due to the driving characteristics.

Anybody got any experience with these? I know many like Michelin and Pirelli but they’re not available in my area as of now.

Also considering going one size wider from stock size to 255/50/20. But I’m not sure how much would speed, grip and weight would be sacrificed. Plus the wheel is 8 inch wide so not exactly suited for 255.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Are you in the snowbelt?
If so, do you change to winter tires?

Why are Michelin and/or Pirelli tires not available in your area?
Couldn't you order them from TireRack or another online dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you in the snowbelt?
If so, do you change to winter tires?

Why are Michelin and/or Pirelli tires not available in your area?
Couldn't you order them from TireRack or another online dealer?
I’m in Puerto Rico. Shipping 4 tires will run almost $400 alone.

Costco is out of stock and I’d have to wait about 2 weeks. Haven’t found anyone carrying Michelin or Pirelli and I’m tired of searching.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts

Gomas Pirelli | TIRECLUB Puerto Rico

Snow not an issue I presume :whistle: .

Either way the Ecopia don't get very good reviews on most tire sites. The Conti LX 25 seems to get decent reviews, I don't know about the sport. I had a set of Cross Contact LX H-rated on my Sequoia. I don't recall if it was the sport. Worst tires I ever had for snow, very good in wet until worn down about 1/2 way, also good in dry but worn out to about 4/32" in about 20k miles. And I'm not sworn off the conti brand, all 4 of my cars (2 kids, me, wife) are on Conti snows.

You also need to go with is it just normal traffic road, comfort, quiet, high speed handling, gravel, beach, mud etc.

'19 Pilot is on Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Quiet, smooth, much better the the Bridgestones it came with. Works for what I need mostly road and trips, with Beach, hunting cabin gravel roads etc., state land trails.

'08 CRV and '17 Accord will probably get Pirelli for summer from reviews/tests with handling but quiet, great wet. I like tires I can cross rotate if they wear odd and start to get loud. The Honda's aren't that great for quiet to start so excess tire noise can get annoying fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Gomas Pirelli | TIRECLUB Puerto Rico

Snow not an issue I presume :whistle: .

Either way the Ecopia don't get very good reviews on most tire sites. The Conti LX 25 seems to get decent reviews, I don't know about the sport. I had a set of Cross Contact LX H-rated on my Sequoia. I don't recall if it was the sport. Worst tires I ever had for snow, very good in wet until worn down about 1/2 way, also good in dry but worn out to about 4/32" in about 20k miles. And I'm not sworn off the conti brand, all 4 of my cars (2 kids, me, wife) are on Conti snows.

You also need to go with is it just normal traffic road, comfort, quiet, high speed handling, gravel, beach, mud etc.

'19 Pilot is on Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Quiet, smooth, much better the the Bridgestones it came with. Works for what I need mostly road and trips, with Beach, hunting cabin gravel roads etc., state land trails.

'08 CRV and '17 Accord will probably get Pirelli for summer from reviews/tests with handling but quiet, great wet. I like tires I can cross rotate if they wear odd and start to get loud. The Honda's aren't that great for quiet to start so excess tire noise can get annoying fast.
Michelin Defenders aren't available for stock 245/50/20 size. Otherwise, I would go for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts