Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
There are threads about tires here. I went with Michelin LTX last year, but didn’t drive much to have a long term view. I replaced the oem Continentals after 63,000 km, even though the OEMs were pretty good, but these Michelins seemed better, at a price of over $300.00 each.

Reactions: FASTFJR

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
811 Posts
If you want overall good grip, long life and decent ride the MIchelin Defender LTX would be the best. They aren't cheap, but are widely used.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a big argument like most tire threads... I have the Michelin X LT A/S (The LTX tire for Costco) on the Traverse and the Pirelli Scorpion Verde on the Pilot. Both perform really well in all conditions and are quiet so far. The Pirellis have more miles on them, I am looking to get 50k or so out of them before replacing them. Time will tell with the Michelins. So far I'd buy either of them again.

Reactions: FASTFJR

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus (not regular duelers - completely different tire) and very happy with them. I did 3k miles on them so cannot say anything about thread life (no signs of wear for now).

I got them on sale at Costco with 80,000 miles warranty (which will be voided because Costco wants to do rotation at their tire center and it’s extremely busy in my area)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,659 Posts
Michelins on the 2013 Pilot went 60K on the OEM's. Replaced them with Michelins when it was getting close to time. Never had an issue. Good, smooth quiet ride, except on traction etched concrete interstate. Then they were noisy as can be. But I don't know of any tire that wouldn't be noisy on that kind of surface.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did they wear evenly? I’m at 17K and no complaints with the OEM Bridgestones so far.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE; 2015 Pilot LX
203 Posts
Wow, ya'll get some pricey tires!!!
For our 08, FWD, our last set is
General Tire HTS60

Pretty sure we got all 4 of them, mounted and balanced for UNDER $500!

Someone is paying $300/tire? What, you racing Indy or sonething?

Yea, it snow here quite a bit every winter (Milwaukee). yea, they plow and salt. F'n road salt!!
Even the FWD Pilot has no problem- with only these tires.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Don't know how much highway speed drives you do, but we love our High Performance Sumitomo HTR AS P02s (now P03). These are a 60k mile tire that ride nice and can take a 70 mph curve without letting off the gas. Best of all is you can have these shipped mounted and balanced for under $600.
I get new rubber every 2-3 years.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Don't know how much highway speed drives you do, but we love our High Performance Sumitomo HTR AS P02s (now P03). These are a 60k mile tire that ride nice and can take a 70 mph curve without letting off the gas. Best of all is you can have these shipped mounted and balanced for under $600.
I get new rubber every 2-3 years.
How are they in snow?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
For our 08, FWD, our last set is General Tire HTS60
Where were your tires manufactured?

About two years ago, I went to buy a set of the General Grabber HTS60 tires for my Pilot.
According to the TireRack site, the tires were supposed to made in USA.
So, I ordered them at a local tire dealer.
When the tires came in from the warehouse, it turned out that the four tires had been made in one of three different locations: Germany, Mexico or Brazil - in other words, anywhere but in the USA.
I passed on them and instead bought a set of made-in-USA Toyo tires.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
The OP is in PA, where they get snow.
You're recommending the tire.
So, how do they perform in snow?
It's not a snow tire.
Is he asking for snow tires?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts