Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my OEM Bridgstones with Michelin Defender ltx m&s.

They are quiet and have a more aggressive tread pattern then the Bridgstones.

The original tires had 38,000 miles on them. Tire guys said I had about 5 k left on the tires ...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where did you purchase them and what was the total? I’m at 30K and have another 5k miles left on the OEM ones and was looking for options, michelins in particular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I replaced mine at 40k. I went with the 265/60R-18 YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR A/T G015 SL from tirerack.com for $711 total and waiting on a $60 rebate.

they look much more aggressive and the ride is actually quieter and smoother than the deullers. Those deullers suck. I had them on my 15' Outback and my 17' Pilot and could not wait to replace them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you got 40k miles from the factory Bridgestones, you did good. I just replaced the original tires at 40k with "Yokohama Geolandar H/T G056 P245/60R18 104H BSW." I bought them on eBay from "tires-easy" when there was a sale back in March. Paid $531.29 shipped to my door. Of course then I had to pay a shop for mount, balance, disposal, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you purchase them and what was the total? I’m at 30K and have another 5k miles left on the OEM ones and was looking for options, michelins in particular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought them from discount tire. They are selling them for $205 per tire, same as Costco. I think my out the door price was about $900. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just replaced our 2016 touring awd tires with 40k miles with Goodyear ComfortTred. Gotta say I am amazed. Soooo much quieter adobe smoother. Great handling as well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Funny as I got Continental WinterContact SI snows installed about 2 weeks after picking up the Pilot. Once I took them off about a month ago and put the basically new Duelers back on, both my wife and I noticed that it definitely rides stiffer and is noisier now.

So aggressive snows are quieter and have a softer ride :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts