Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 EXL AWD with 44k on it as my wife’s vehicle. Just put new Continental CrossContact LX25s on it, and had the best of the OEM Bridgestones mounted up as a full size spare. i bought an OEM 18 for $150 on eBay, I couldn’t find one at a local salvage yard.

I originally was planning on the Defender LTX tires since I had both Latitude Tours and LTX MS2 on our 2007 Pilot with good luck, but decided to try the Continentals based on how quiet they are supposed to be.

So far so good, I didn’t love the bridgestones when new. I know going from a tire with 44k to a new tire makes it hard to compare, everyone likes new highway / touring tires, but the LX25s are very quiet and ride well.

Full size spare slung up with no issues, I don’t yet have a hitch but it looks like it would still fit with the OEM hitch.

·
Registered
269 Posts
So,,are your new Continentals significantly quieter than the OEM Bridgestone's? I have a 2017 EX with original OEM Bridgestones and about 54000 miles on them. Good wearing tires but the road noise is terrible. I want a quieter ride for sure when I go for new tires here soon.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
But what if you could get the Bridgestones with about 6k on them for $400 from somebody that upgraded to 265-60-18's? :whistle: :unsure:

Members need to put their locations so you know where they are?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
If you go to the following link, it should say "$100 instant savings on 4" just above the "ADD TO CART" button.
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/michelin-defender-ltx-m-s
That it does. Good to know.

When you add 4 to your cart, the discount is applied.

However, when you enter a Canadian postal code, you really get slammed. And that's before the exchange rate. Anyway, my current Michelin LTS M/S2s are fortunately good for the equivalent of another couple of tours of the circumference of the planet.

Where's @Daltongang with one of those "Meanwhile in Canada" memes when you need him? :D

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
Anyway, my current Michelin LTS M/S2s are fortunately good for the equivalent of another couple of tours of the circumference of the planet.
So, it was pointless to be asking about the availability of the promotional discount since you won't be needing new tires any time soon.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Pointless for me, but my intention was to steer (hehe) other members toward a good quality tire. We do have nearly 120k of them, and granted not all are still with us, but there's also the lurker community to consider, not to mention one-timers.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
That it does. Good to know.

When you add 4 to your cart, the discount is applied.

View attachment 137373

However, when you enter a Canadian postal code, you really get slammed. And that's before the exchange rate. Anyway, my current Michelin LTS M/S2s are fortunately good for the equivalent of another couple of tours of the circumference of the planet.

View attachment 137375

Where's @Daltongang with one of those "Meanwhile in Canada" memes when you need him? :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts