Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Pilot with approximately 153k miles. I recently had the front struts replaced and in week or so I started to hear a "boing" noise coming from the front. I took it back to the shop and they replaced the struts with a different brand. The noise went away for about a month and then came back. Took the car in again and they put KYB struts on and the very next day the "boing" noise came back. It doesn't make the noise while I'm driving. It only seems to do it once the car has been sitting and then I turn the wheel for the first time....like pulling out of a parking spot or my driveway.

So frustrating - any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
did you get a wheel alignment afterwards ?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
When they re-assembled the struts, did they replace the spring dampers/insulators?
Like this part
Did they replace strut mounts too?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
That means you have been given quick-struts, i.e. the strut-spring assemblies. If they are poor quality, then they could be doing all sorts of noises.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We believe we found the issue. Our mechanic said there is a TSB regarding this issue. Something about they way they have to be installed. I'll update once I get it back to the shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts