Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have a 2007 exl with nav and I replaced all 4 door speakers with plug in harness about a week ago. Install was no problem and sounded alot better. I did not drive the pilot for about a week and get in it today only to find no sound coming from the speakers only the subwoofer and a pop sound when I first turn the key on. I pulled out all the speakers out and found no issues with them or the connections. What could the problem be?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Hi there I have a 2007 exl with nav and I replaced all 4 door speakers with plug in harness about a week ago. Install was no problem and sounded alot better. I did not drive the pilot for about a week and get in it today only to find no sound coming from the speakers only the subwoofer and a pop sound when I first turn the key on. I pulled out all the speakers out and found no issues with them or the connections. What could the problem be?
If the amp has fused speaker outputs that could be it. If not, the amp might have overloaded and quit. Are the new speakers the same impedance as the ones they replaced? Did you turn the volume way up to test the new speakers?Worst case just replace the head unit with a used one off eBay or a scrap yard or get an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Did you turn it up to 11?

But yeah, you probably blew your amp, and/or mismatched the impedance. How many ohms are your new speakers? How many watts? As mentioned, it there's no fuse to replace, get a replacement head unit. Since many people find the NAV unit pretty useless, this might be the perfect excuse to upgrade to a head unit with all the latest whizzbang technology, like Bluetooth, Android Auto / Apple Carplay, an actual graphic equalizer, etc. :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Did you turn it up to 11?

But yeah, you probably blew your amp, and/or mismatched the impedance. How many ohms are your new speakers? How many watts? As mentioned, it there's no fuse to replace, get a replacement head unit. Since many people find the NAV unit pretty useless, this might be the perfect excuse to upgrade to a head unit with all the latest whizzbang technology, like Bluetooth, Android Auto / Apple Carplay, an actual graphic equalizer, etc. :)
Pardon the dust. Who wants to use an amp that only goes to 10?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts