Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,853 Posts
Damage from... ?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
382 Posts
When I bought my pilot back in February, it had a bit of surface damage on the left side. I've been wanting to get it fixed. Finally that happened this past week. View attachment 148277 View attachment 148278
I’m guessing you bought some junkyard parts and installed them, instead of taking it to a body shop? The fender is quite a bit bluer than the front door and bumper. If you did take it to a body shop, I’d drive it back and tell the painter to open his eyes, he needs to pick a different variant lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seller didn't indicate how the damage got there. I would guess it was swiped while parked. Door is wrecking yard. Fender is brand new, and came pre-painted. It is an adequate match for an older vehicle. I doubt a body shop would do any better matching the paint. They simply paint to the color it should be before any fading. If you want a match, repaint the whole side, but not on a 15 year old car. Not worth it. This repair cost $600 in parts and free labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.