Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing a lot more new posters to this board lately and I'm also beginning to notice more Pilots on the road. Does anyone know whether Honda is ramping up production and distribution of Pilots?

This might explain why some recent posters have been able to get prices well below MSRP.

Evergreen

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've just returned from running a few "honey do's" and I saw 2 Pilots (both Silver) in 2 hours. Usually I see two or three Pilots a week.

I think the words getting around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cars always get cheaper the further into the model year.

I would bet that Pilots will be under wholesale in several months due to continued decline in economy and the 3% holdback already built in to any sale.

I paid $1,000 under MSRP, with no dealer ads for my sandstone EXL. That was an OK deal here....nothing too special but I was tired of waiting for the Sandstone and leather so I bought it.

There are dealers here in Phoenix who routinely sell at 1K over invoice with no ads....but they could not get the color and features I wanted within 3 weeks time. They have sold many LX's for this and claim they'll sell EXL's at thsi discount also.

I recall one dealer tellign me that both Ontario and Alabama are now making Pilots. This might be a higher supply than last summer when they first came out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I saw 2 today on the way home.....very rarely do I see even ONE Pilot on any given day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw three Pilots today one on the road while Christmas shopping and two in the driveway, mine and my daughters!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Evergreen said:
I've been noticing a lot more new posters to this board lately and I'm also beginning to notice more Pilots on the road. Does anyone know whether Honda is ramping up production and distribution of Pilots?
I'm a new poster. I was lurking for some time while waiting for delivery. I ordered 10/28/02. Pilot was delivered to dealer on 12/20/02 (almost 8 wks). I too have noticed more pilots on the road lately. Maybe the delay from the west coast dock strike is finally over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yesterday while shopping at Publix, there were 5 Pilots in the parking lot including mine, a silver one, a green one, a black one and a sage brush. I thought wow that is the most I've seen ever at one time! It's a great vehicle! My dealer has a huge wait list but I did manage to get one month's lease payment discount.
Happy Holidays to all! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Noticed lots more Pilots here in SOCAL in the past few weeks. Ads in the LA Times and Inland Press Enterpirse stress no dealer markups recently.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll be getting mine next week. It was actually promised late Jan but the dealer said that production has been jacked up so......

·
Registered
91 Posts
NY/NJ was just hit by snow storm yesterday and I saw 5 Pilots riding. At first I thought I was just one of the few. My Pilot handled very well in the snow. There was no FEAR!!

How was everyone else's experience?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm still not seeing them. I had my first highway spotting Saturday (a gorgeous Sagebrush from Texas, heading north on I-35, was that anyone here?). Which is odd, because my town is stuffed full of Hondas. Just no Pilots.

·
Registered
48 Posts
PILOT AVAILABILITY

Heard an ad for Fowler Honda in Norman, OK where they currently have 30 Pilots IN STOCK. I bougt mine there six weeks ago at $1800 below MSRP. 30 in stock could translate to greater savings, especially with the end of year in sight. For those not familiar with OK, Norman is located 25 miles south of OKC.

·
Registered
415 Posts
There are about five or six down here at smalltown, USA - Sierra Vista, AZ. For a small town that's quite a few Pilots running around. I've yet to see a SBP in person, though, not here nor in Tucson-the closest big city. I just want to see if the SBP looks as good as it does on the gallery.

·
Registered
138 Posts
swoon said:
NY/NJ was just hit by snow storm yesterday and I saw 5 Pilots riding. At first I thought I was just one of the few. My Pilot handled very well in the snow. There was no FEAR!!

How was everyone else's experience?
I did not take out the Pilot yesterday, but on Tue night, when it was a mix of snow/rain, we were on the GSP and pilot was cruising comfortably ....

Which part of NJ are you from ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
ksraja said:

I did not take out the Pilot yesterday, but on Tue night, when it was a mix of snow/rain, we were on the GSP and pilot was cruising comfortably ....

Which part of NJ are you from ?
Cranford... which is probably 20 minutes away from Piscataway!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I haven't seen very many at all lately,there is one Havasu Blue one
in town here and 1 black one and I saw 1 Sandstone on the GSP
on a trip back from South Jersey a week or two ago but other than that IO haven't seen any in the last 5 or 6 weeks. on the other hand back in October when I ordered my car(10/19/02) I was seeing them all over the place including the havasu one a couple of times.
I finally got my mortgage refinanced(got the check today) and immediately called my dealer to see what the heck is going on,he left me a message that the car wasn't being built until end of January and I should see it early February. Which really s...s, I can't understand why mine is taking so long but for the fact I wasn't busting his chops because I didn't want the car until after the refi came through- which he did NOT know about!
Is there a thread strictly on how long people have waited for their PILOTS,it will be 31/2 to 4 months for me,which is pretty crazy.
Plus i'm losing money everyday because my work reimburses me a good part of the payment,no payment,no reimbursement:mad:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I just wanted to relate my Pilot sighting experience while I was down in Southern Califonia during the X-Mas holidays. I saw literally one a day in and around the Los Angeles area and when I went down to Legoland near by San Diego, I saw 3 on the way and another 2 in the parking lot. But out of all those Pilots, only one was a Havasu Blue.

Some of you may be thinking that there are many cars in LA, therefore, it's no big deal to have such sightings, but LA is also a very big and expansive place when you consider all of the metropolitan. Also, from what I understand, Pilot production volume isn't as big as some of the other Honda autos. It was neat seeing another Pilot pretty much everyday while I was there.

On a side note, I saw an Acura MDX in Havasu Blue. It blew me away. I thought the MDX wasn't available in that color or at least not in Canada anyway. The X didn't look as good as the Pilot (I know, I may be a bit biased here) in that color though.

I think certain colors look better on some cars because of the differences in the contour, the lines, the overall shape and etc somehow match or complement each other better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
got ours

Howdy,

We got ours on 12/21. We went to the dealership to try to get one on 12/4 but they had sold all three that were coming off the truck. Next delivery would be in two weeks and we wanted the next Red EX available. Couldn't wait two months so we reserved the Silver EX in the next delivery. The other three in that delivery were sold when they arrived at the dealership on the 20th. We bought ours for MSRP. I'm sure some folks are likely to get discounts if they're willing to wait a while longer.

We've only seen three others on the road in the last 6 months although I've been looking around a lot. Saw two of those three around here today. I think we must visit the same stores on the same schedule.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: got ours

rob said:
Howdy,

We got ours on 12/21. We went to the dealership to try to get one on 12/4 but they had sold all three that were coming off the truck. Next delivery would be in two weeks and we wanted the next Red EX available. Couldn't wait two months so we reserved the Silver EX in the next delivery. The other three in that delivery were sold when they arrived at the dealership on the 20th. We bought ours for MSRP. I'm sure some folks are likely to get discounts if they're willing to wait a while longer.

We've only seen three others on the road in the last 6 months although I've been looking around a lot. Saw two of those three around here today. I think we must visit the same stores on the same schedule.
Hi Rob, make sure you post your Vin# in the vin table thread (vin numbers aggregated)

Welcome aboard.

from the other rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts