Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum and the pilot world not honda , all my cars have been honda since 2005, just purchased my wife one 2016 ex-l on wednesday and i'm the one hooked on things to do to it. Already got the 2017 radio on the way. And looking to get the 2019 led headlights too. Already read the mega thread i think my question is a simpler one but tried the search and didnt find a clear answer to what i was looking for it is regarding the rear bumper lower trim. Not the stripe that goes the width of the bumper but the lower one. I believe is this one? Mine is all balck and plastic i've seen some that are some shade of grey i believe are the elites. So question is this an accesory part? 08P46-TG7-100B or
71508-TG7-A00 also is this swapable or do i really need an elite bumper for it? If anyone can point me if my parts numbers are mistaken greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
499 Posts
I can't tell if this is what you're looking for...

I think someone posted the part you're asking about in a tow hitch thread in the last few days. I'm sure they will chime in soon.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's the original silver Rear Lower Bumper Trim. It color matches the roof rails on the Touring/Elites of the 2016+ Pilots. The EX-L won't have the chrome strip but you can add the accessory. You'll need to drill 8 holes into the bumper to get the straps on. Pretty straight forward but invasive and no going back.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
50 Posts
Would you mind posting a pic that shows your chrome tailgate garnish a bit better please? The one between the tail lights?

I also notice your lower door panel chrome strips are thicker than the standard elite strips. Do you happen to have the part numbers for those please?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the original silver Rear Lower Bumper Trim. It color matches the roof rails on the Touring/Elites of the 2016+ Pilots. The EX-L won't have the chrome strip but you can add the accessory. You'll need to drill 8 holes into the bumper to get the straps on. Pretty straight forward but invasive and no going back.
Great that is what im looking for, dont mind the DIY, the holes to drill you mean are for the lower trim or for the chrome strip? For now just interested in the lower trim, (not really a chrome fan) also could you point me ti the right part number to that elite rear lower bumper trim just want to make sure i got the right one

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
To make the OEM hitch work you would have to cut out a square in the plastic. Or just use an aftermarket hitch that sits lower. No biggie with the later.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
To make the OEM hitch work you would have to cut out a square in the plastic. Or just use an aftermarket hitch that sits lower. No biggie with the later.
I'd go with what ever doesn't leave a hitch sticking out the back all the time.

Reactions: Rocky

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Your shin or your precious virgin bumper... Oyyyy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts