Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Edit:
New to me Pilot, 2003 exl res with 120k.
Documented tbel.

I've done quite a bit of things to the car since I got it mainly due to everything I learned here and applied it to the car to either prevent or fix issues it had.

Florida car, no rust, though it was leaking in to the cabin when it rained. I spent the better part of a week tearing the interior apart, removed the roof rack and resealed all the cracked body seams under the rack and around the rear tail gate, I cleaned the drainage area behind the mudflaps/fenders to clean out crap (there was so much !!!) I pulled all three rows of seats to get the carpet out and clean it, i reinstalled it once I knew the car was 100% leak free. I bought brand new roof rack hardware and mounting pads (these showed up as "vintage parts order" it was pretty funny lol)

The paint was in a really bad state, the roof is beyond help, but I was able to get a nasty dent out above the door and I was able to cut and buff the paint so it would look somewhat better. I found a replacement grill since the clear on mine is gone.

I have done of course all fluids, engine, rear diff, honda atf drain and fill x3, but I just finished a 1x drain and fill with maxlife yesterday.
I will be doing a second drain and fill this weekend along with trans filter.

My front leathers were all torn up, so I got a pair of gray lx manual seats, much better.

I purchase new LCA's, swaybar bushings and will be installing them sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
swaybar bushings
Such an inexpensive part can make your ride at low speeds much more pleasant. Can be a bit of a bear to install, though, especially on the driver's side. An offset wrench helps with that 3rd hard-to-access bolt.

And welcome to the forum. A good cleaning also make a huge difference.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Welcome @fboe90 ...commendable dedication to saving another first gen Pilot. The Florida sun is harsh on painted surfaces so keep a nice coat of wax up there now that you got it in better shape. Price out some seat covers and carpet if the stains don't come out easily. Make sure you find some time to enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It’s great to see the effort you have been putting in to restore an older Pilot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts