Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

New to the Honda Pilot scene. Just bought a 2017 EX 2WD, in Ukraine, no warranty, no nothing, a few miles short of 52k miles. (Long story short: Ukrainians buy insurance auction cars, import them and do all the repairs.) On this one there was only damage to the back door and a flat back tire.

I am planning on buying the SVCM and installing it. Are there any other things I should be looking into, as any repairs will come out of our car repair budget?

Also, anybody recognize their totaled car?
It was totaled around March 2020. If you do, I’d love to hear the repair history.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Hello everyone,

New to the Honda Pilot scene. Just bought a 2017 EX 2WD, in Ukraine, no warranty, no nothing, a few miles short of 52k miles. (Long story short: Ukrainians buy insurance auction cars, import them and do all the repairs.) On this one there was only damage to the back door and a flat back tire.

I am planning on buying the SVCM and installing it. Are there any other things I should be looking into, as any repairs will come out of our car repair budget?

Also, anybody recognize their totaled car?
It was totaled around March 2020. If you do, I’d love to hear the repair history.
View attachment 148459
Welcome to the Site!

The rear passenger wheel looks to be way off line/suspension bent from that picture?
As long as the uni body is OK, easily fixable.
Did you get the title? Salvage title?

It'll all buff right out LOL.

Which side do they drive on in Ukraine?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD w Navi
24 Posts
Is there collision damage to the rear subframe or unibody? The fact the car was totaled makes me think it’s more than a door and a tire.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Calling our local salvage rebuild expert.. @Nail Grease where you be?

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
I've never bought an auction car with bent suspension. But I'd just take it all apart and hope that none of the control arm mounts on the frame are bent. Buy new parts and put back together. For the door damage, I'd see what it would cost to fix at a body shop or buy a door at a salvage yard that's hopefully the same color and swap it out for the damaged one.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the responses.

So, we didn’t actually bring the car over. That was a Ukrainian, who we bought the car from. The car is now in practically brand new shape. We had a local knowledgeable and trusted mechanic look over it before we even considered buying it.

Ukraine drives the same side as America.

The Ukrainian who bought it from the auction did fluid changes etc. and had receipts for them.

Any other advice for us?

Here she is all pretty and such.

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
Any other advice for us?
Your Pilot is 2WD, so there is no transfer case or rear differential fluid to change.
The major service isn't due until about 7-years/105K-miles, when replacement of the timing belt (plus coolant, water pump, accessory/serpentine drive belt and tensioners) and spark plugs is recommended..

If you need an owner's manual, download a copy here:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/ATG71717OM/enu/ATG71717OM.PDF
In particular, read the section on the Maintenance Minder, which shows when oil changes are due and what other service needs to be performed at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts