Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I picked up our new puppy from a breeder in Southern Ohio this past weekend (we live in upstate NY). It was a 1000 mile round-trip. But the room and comfort of our Pilot made the trip more pleasurable for sure.

Here's our Pilot. All muddy from the dirt and loose gravel roads in the area.

This is our puppy Maya (My-Uh). She's an American Mastiff. Right now she's 7 weeks old and 20 lbs. The breeder said she'll double in weight in about two weeks. Her father weighs 220 lbs! During the 8 hour drive home she mostly slept on her doggie bed on the back seat.

Maya had to relieve herself a few times. I'm glad we had the cargo tray! Here she has just piddled on the "PILOT" logo of the cargo tray. My wife is yelling at me for taking pictures instead of cleaning up the mess.

At one point it looked like Maya was going to get car sick, so we stopped at a rest area on the NYS insterstate (Route 90). About 10 seconds after this picture was taken she pooped on the cargo tray :3: I hosed it off when we got home!

My wife and I are very pleased with the Pilot so far. It's great for road trips.

..Alpha

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey AlphaPepper - Congrats on the new puppy. I couldn't view your pics? You may need to post them again. You can leave that cargo tray pic out. :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Congrats on the new puppy! My friend has TWO of those dogs. They are gigantic and very sloppy! Their names are Capone and Gotti and they love to slober all over everything and everyone. They are great w/ kids and get along well together. Have fun!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations on new pup and pilot. I tried to view your images after you send you fix it but couldn't bring them up. One thing about Pilot owners we love our pilots, our animals and family! Try the images again ...would love to see them!

I posted a few days ago about my adventure to the vet with 3 big dogs....my pilot has recovered but I'm not sure I have.:headshak:

·
Registered
385 Posts
AlphaPepper said:
I think I fixed the image problem. Just click on the links above. Thanks :)
still not able to view them from here

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
AlphaPepper said:
Hopefully I finally fixed the problem.
yup you did ..nice pictures....

love the pilot and thats a cute pup :D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Darn, I STILL can't view the pictures, though ramirami did. I just get the little box with the red X.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's working :) I forgot to renew my account at villagephotos.com and had exceeded the measly 5MB free daily limit. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Ziploc said:
Darn, I STILL can't view the pictures, though ramirami did. I just get the little box with the red X.
Me too.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
AlphaPepper said:
I think I fixed the image problem. Just click on the links above. Thanks :)
NOW I can view the pictures! Congratulations on your two fine-looking additions. What a cute puppy!!!! I'd love to be able to pick Maya up and give her a hug. But she soon will be filling out the space behind that second seat, won't she? Sounds like the Cargo Tray earned its keep on that one ride back from Ohio.

Hope you continue to enjoy your Pilot and Maya for years to come!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Cute Puppy. Nice Pilot!
Wow it's hard to believe she will double in size in two weeks.
Post another picture (also in the back of the Pilot) so we can compare her growth!

Congrats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cute pup! Hope she doesn't eat you out of house and Pilot!:13:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll post another pic of Maya in a few weeks posing in the cargo area of our Pilot. I think she'll eventually fill it nicely :)

Kemosabe, thanks for the picture!

..Alpha

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
florida_guy said:
I can see them today. I'd love to have a dog but I like like to take weekend excursions and I wouldn't know what to do with him. I'd love the dog when I was home and feel guilty when I wasn't.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
florida_guy said:

I can see them today. I'd love to have a dog but I like like to take weekend excursions and I wouldn't know what to do with him. I'd love the dog when I was home and feel guilty when I wasn't.
Same here, florida_guy. I grew up having dogs and would like to have one now. But my husband and I are away from the house for long periods, and I just couldn't in good conscience leave the dog alone in the house for that long. (Not to mention the "bathroom" issue.) So, we enjoy our cat....seemingly better able to tolerate long periods of being alone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts