Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2019 pilot last week with about 403 mi. on it. Oil life is at only 40%.
Miles on it and oil life is suspicious. What do you all think ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 250 miles on my new 19 and 100% oil life which is how I would expect as it's synthetic and only needs to be changed every 7500+ miles. I'd talk to your dealer.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Just bought a new 2019 pilot last week with about 403 mi. on it. Oil life is at only 40%.
How were those 400 miles put on your "new" Pilot?
Was it possibly used as a demonstrator, so that it was maybe driven a hundred times for only four miles and never really got warmed up?

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
That's more than a bit crazy and er unheard of. I suspect a service Dept would just reset it.
I would want to have it documented at the dealer just because.

·
Registered
705 Posts
That's suspiciously low, I hope you got an amazing deal because I wouldn't consider it new with that many miles, unless you know it was driven from a dealer that far away. I'm in NYC and even stop and go mileage gives 4500mi before 0% life.

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts

We have a new 2019 Pilot - Touring.

Have 3,490 miles and oil is at 50%.

I'd have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We actually have the same issue. We just bought the 2019 Honda Pilot Touring a couple days ago. It has 350 miles on it. I looked at oil life yesterday morning and it was at 70% then later that evening my husband was driving to show them at dealership and it had dropped to 60%??

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
We actually have the same issue. We just bought the 2019 Honda Pilot Touring a couple days ago. It has 350 miles on it. I looked at oil life yesterday morning and it was at 70% then later that evening my husband was driving to show them at dealership and it had dropped to 60%??
Is the dealer your Pilot was delivered to (as shown on the window sticker) the same one from which you bought it, or was it originally sent to another dealer some distance away?
If both dealers are the same, then I'd suspect your vehicle was previously used as a demonstrator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts