Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Pilot at or near invoice in Southeast?
Hi all.....

My wife and I just went and test drove a 2004 Pilot today and we both liked it, as expected. Having worked in the car business for about 5 years in my time, I know how the business works and refuse to be one of those customers that gives in and pays more than what he should Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew what my chances were here in Columbia, SC of getting a very good deal on a new one. Luckily, the salesperson wasn't pushy today and we were able to have a relaxed test drive.....but now I need to get together a game plan for working a very good deal. In my case, there will be no trade involved and will more than likely be a cash deal, so no haggling over interest rates, monthly payments, etc. This being the case, it seems like I would have a fair amount of bargaining power because I could feasibly buy this unit from anywhere in the country and still get it serviced here locally. I am a patient man and have no problem going to 20 different Honda dealers if needed and finding out who wants to move one the most.

I'd welcome any suggestions or input at this point! Thanks!

Rawbutt

·
Registered
496 Posts
Whoops - you posted the same message in 2 places (I responded to the other one) - General Discussions is probably the better place for it. That's where all (or nearly all) of the other "where to buy" and "how much did you pay" threads are.

kad

*** EDITED BY KEMOSABE ***

rawbutt's other thread has been deleted...

·
Registered
461 Posts
This is what I did:

I read the Edmunds Town Hall Forums regarding prices paid. I sent a bunch of emails to dealers I had seen mentioned in Ohio(out of state, but worth the savings) as well a some others. I said the same thing in all of them...that I was ready to buy a EXL RES and would buy from the dealer with the lowest price. Some emailed back their best offer, some called me with their offer. I just kept stacking the offers as they came in during the day, lowest to highest. At the end of the day, the one on top got the sale. I never went back and forth between dealers, never negotiated at all. I paid $29,600, about $350 over invoice (or about $3000 under MSRP, depending on how you look at it.)

·
Registered
225 Posts
In Atlanta, not sure where else, all Hondas were available last weekend at MSRP & 0% for 5 year. Thats what I did in July. Internet sale, msrp, some freebys like cargo and flaps, and lugs and pinstripes. One week delivery. no pain. It's not invoice but it's a substantial savings 4-5-6% for 5 years u can do the math. Free money for 5 years.
Grady (don't have his last name was the internet sales guy)
Team Honda
1975 Thorton Road - Lithia Springs, GA 30122
(877) 633-9492

·
Registered
367 Posts
A long way,but Gunn in San Antonio

Gunn Honda in San Antonio is a bit far(unless you can plan a return road trip),but they have great prices in their internet Dept(contact Brandon).I paid $26,995 for an EX(no BS,no last second neg.).Made the deal over the net(and phone),no $$ exchanged,flew in from New Orleans,and was on my way home 1 hr later..
The deal my3kids got in Ohio was very good also,and closer.She found 2-3 good prices in Ohio(and told me about them-thanks m3ks)Luck,Charlie

·
Registered
496 Posts
kadiir said:
Whoops - you posted the same message in 2 places (I responded to the other one) - General Discussions is probably the better place for it. That's where all (or nearly all) of the other "where to buy" and "how much did you pay" threads are.

kad

*** EDITED BY KEMOSABE ***

rawbutt's other thread has been deleted...
Dang it, I knew I should've copied my reply to this one :rolleyes: :D

I said something along the lines of how far are you willing to drive as I recall reading that in several "nearby" (subjective term) states folks here got some good deals.

kad

·
Registered
5 Posts
You might want to try Hendrick in Charlotte.

We just purchased a 2004 Sagebrush Pearl with RES through our credit union that came from Hendrick. Price was 1500.00 below sticker. Very well pleased with the Credit Union "Auto Buying Service"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts