Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is our latest creation. It's an 8"x3" hitch cover. It's all solid aluminum, and as you can see looks great on the pilot. We are working on distribution right now and pricing will be posted soon. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Chettie,
Looks good. :18:
I did not see earlier posts on the cover. Any way that it could be personalized to read something like
Bob's Pilot :4:
let us know costs and when available
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Custom

There may be a possibility for some custom stuff. We're working out the details today as to how we get these distributed. Should have that and pricing info later today.

Chet

·
Registered
664 Posts
Chettie
It is rather large. Wouldn't something in the neighborhood of 6" x 2" fit a little better? (Just an opinion, maybe I'm mad I didn't think of it.)

While I have your attention, since you appear to work minor miracles with metal, I have a friend who has an Insight. Someone created a dead pedal that has the Insight name in it. It is larger than the standard one (I'm not sure there was one in the Insight) Is there anything you can think of that would work better than the dead pedal in the Pilot? Since the floor mats don't cover it and the area is used all the time it is getting beat up in that area and the carpet is looking terrible. Just asking. The Insight actually had the name cut all the way thru the silver top plate and a colored back plate was in between the name and the floor. This let people pick the color of the name with out having to custom paint every piece.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dead pedal

Took me a second to figure out what that was. Actually we just have a group of dies that our milling machine mills around. One is the oval you've seen and the others are, rectangle, Dodge logo, Chevy bow tie. The only other metal cutting machinery we have cut's our aluminum plates for our splash guards. Valid point on the wear out factor though. I'm sure that within the next 6 months the aftermarket industry will go nuts making new items for the Pilots. They love to flood the SUV aftermarket with new items. Thanks for your inquiry. Also found something interesting when I went to the dealer to take the pix. The step bars actually said Pilot on the step part. I have to believe that the stuff actually branded by Honda is big $$. Anyway it will be fun to watch the new accessories roll out. It's been interesting seeing the responses to the hitch plug regarding size. We've been doing this size oval for years, this is the first time we've heard that it's too big. That's ok though, any input is good. When it's on the vehicle in person it doesn't look obtrusive at all. We've found that smaller means illegable. We don't want to promote tailgators just so the curious people behind can read it. Thanks. The other factor is....no one else is making these yet. We can be the first to have them on our Pilots. Almost thought about putting this website on the bottom. Good idea or bad idea?

Chet

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: Dead pedal

Chettie said:
Almost thought about putting this website on the bottom. Good idea or bad idea?
I think the tailgating problem might factor in to that decision, also I'd check with admin before going ahead with this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Admin?

You mean checking with admin before going ahead with putting the website on the bottom? We probably won't put it on there anyway, due to the size and the hard to read factor. Besides, looks good just clean and simple. Thanks for the input.

Chet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts