Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Joseph I just bought a 2007 from my son’s boss. 155k on the car, but 100k on a replacement engine. My son dropped it off Saturday and we drove it a little. Sunday morning we went shopping but when we left Winco the check engine light was on and flashed for a few seconds. Messaged my son, who has become my mechanic, he said I probably shouldn’t drive it until we can get it fixed—possible misfire—sooo bummed. I have ms and sometimes it is difficult to get in the car but it is fun to drive and have grown fond of it in a short time. I’m eager to climb back into it and drive it more.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
If it's not something you can do yourself, ask your son to read the codes and post them here. It might be something that can be dealt with, and you've just bought a really good vehicle otherwise.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Welcome @Webdancer ....some of the auto parts stores like Advance/Autozone can perform a free scan for codes if you cannot get it done. As mentioned post the code(s) up for an internet analysis.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Buy a code reader for $20 on Amazon, or get them pulled at the auto parts store for free, and let us know what it is doing.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As others have mentioned have the codes read and report back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts