Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from South Jersey!
I've been a member for the past 4 months since starting my research on the Pilots.
The "Actual Price Paid" thread was quite handy during my negotiation for the 2019 EX-L I purchased at the end of October.
It ended up being a pretty bad experience with the Internet Sales Manager and felt taken advantage of since I drove quite a distance, but live and learn...
We previously had a 2012 Odyssey EX-L.
Our favorite Pilot features are the ACC and Apple Car Play.
The only hiccup we've had so far was when we lost all sound from the entertainment unit and it wouldn't shut off on a road trip. Again, this forum was very helpful in directing me to pull the fuse which solved the problem. It hasn't happened again.
We do miss the interior space of the Odyssey; we can't fit nearly as much cargo in the Pilot with the solo/split 3rd-row seat up which we realized while packing for the aforementioned road trip. It was not a pleasant 6-hour drive with 3 kids in the middle row together, especially when they never had to sit like that before. (Kids these days don't know how good they have it on road trips!!)
My first accessory purchases were OEM mud flaps, OEM, all-season mats, OEM roof rack (yet to be installed), and a Thule Rooftop Cargo Box.
I also just bought a set of the Touring/Elite 20" OEM wheels since I prefer their style and size to the 18" on the EX-L.

Thanks for the help thus far and I look forward to many years of Piloteering!

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
(Kids these days don't know how good they have it on road trips!!)
That's right. In my day (besides having to walk barefoot 5 miles in the snow to school, uphill both ways), all we had to keep us occupied on family road trips were slide puzzles...

... or staring and if need be poking my brother until he complained to mom...

..and leftover scavenged HoJo kids menu placemat activities (click on it for an enlargement)...

... after we had worn down our parents for many hours pestering them to stop at the next Howard Johnson's for fried clams and ice cream. The dilemma then was to make up my mind between regular cherry or fluorescent orange sherbet.

And we may think we're all high and mighty with our 8-seater Pilots, but back then we had as-many-kids-as-you-could-cram-in-with-no-seatbelts seaters.

·
Registered
603 Posts
That's right. In my day (besides having to walk barefoot 5 miles in the snow to school, uphill both ways), all we had to keep us occupied on family road trips were slide puzzles...

... or staring and if need be poking my brother until he complained to mom...

..and leftover scavenged HoJo kids menu placemat activities (click on it for an enlargement)...

... after we had worn down our parents for many hours pestering them to stop at the next Howard Johnson's for fried clams and ice cream. The dilemma then was to make up my mind between regular cherry or fluorescent orange sherbet.

And we may think we're all high and mighty with our 8-seater Pilots, but back then we had as-many-kids-as-you-could-cram-in-with-no-seatbelts seaters.
Dude that's an awesome post, eh?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,033 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: ryasta26
1 - 7 of 7 Posts