Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda Pilot (4WD, 71k), 2014 Honda Odyssey (59k)
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone! Long-time lurker here, finally decided to register and join-in on the conversations! Just recently bought a dark-cherry pearl 2014 Honda Pilot with 71k miles, and it's great - matches my blue 2014 Ody EX-L. Had to upgrade from a 2015 Civic LX due to... recent new "family upgrades," now that we have two kids under 3.

I've got a VCM muzzler on both vehicles, and replaced the spark plugs on the Pilot today to see if there was any undue fouling. The only issue seemed like the #3 cylinder spark plug threads were a little "shiny," like they had a bit of oil on them. The rest of the plug seemed clean. Take a look at the pic, below. Something I should be concerned with?

Either way, I'm psyched about the addition (both familial and vehicular!). Anything else I should check, you think?

Glad to be here!

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
Hey, everyone! Long-time lurker here, finally decided to register and join-in on the conversations! Just recently bought a dark-cherry pearl 2014 Honda Pilot with 71k miles, and it's great - matches my blue 2014 Ody EX-L. Had to upgrade from a 2015 Civic LX due to... recent new "family upgrades," now that we have two kids under 3.

I've got a VCM muzzler on both vehicles, and replaced the spark plugs on the Pilot today to see if there was any undue fouling. The only issue seemed like the #3 cylinder spark plug threads were a little "shiny," like they had a bit of oil on them. The rest of the plug seemed clean. Take a look at the pic, below. Something I should be concerned with?

Either way, I'm psyched about the addition (both familial and vehicular!). Anything else I should check, you think?

Glad to be here!

View attachment 142106
Spark plugs look good except for oil blackening. You may be running a little rich on the fuel. I'd clean the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) with CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner. Remove the sensor, spray a few short bursts directly into the electrodes. Let dry thoroughly before re-installing. Make sure the intake hose is clamped on securely with no leaks and the air filter is clean.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Pilot (4WD, 71k), 2014 Honda Odyssey (59k)
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spark plugs look good except for oil blackening. You may be running a little rich on the fuel. I'd clean the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) with CRC Electronic Cleaner or MAF Cleaner. Remove the sensor, spray a few short bursts directly into the electrodes. Let dry thoroughly before re-installing. Make sure the intake hose is clamped on securely with no leaks and the air filter is clean.
Awesome - I happen to have a can of MAF sensor cleaner, so I took some time to do that yesterday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts