Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were looking at the new Passports, so I knew the wife wanted an SUV. Well, just happened to find this 08 Pilot in non running condition for what I thought was a good price. They said it needs a motor. Well,, not so sure. No milkshake oil, no gold flakes in the oil. Was hoping to hear it run, but will not even crank. I have nothing at the S terminal on the starter. Tried jumping the S terminal, and nothing. Pulled the starter out, and tried. Nothing. So, starter is dead for sure. Hoping the NSS is the reason for the 0 volts on S terminal in "start". Unbolted it, and moved it all over thinking maybe adjustment, but still 0 volts. I can hear a relay clicking under the dash, so I believe that's working. I have yet to follow the black and white wire from ignition. Hoping to learn a lot on this forum. Had lots of Hondas/Acuras, but never a Pilot.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
We were looking at the new Passports, so I knew the wife wanted an SUV. Well, just happened to find this 08 Pilot in non running condition for what I thought was a good price. They said it needs a motor. Well,, not so sure. No milkshake oil, no gold flakes in the oil. Was hoping to hear it run, but will not even crank. I have nothing at the S terminal on the starter. Tried jumping the S terminal, and nothing. Pulled the starter out, and tried. Nothing. So, starter is dead for sure. Hoping the NSS is the reason for the 0 volts on S terminal in "start". Unbolted it, and moved it all over thinking maybe adjustment, but still 0 volts. I can hear a relay clicking under the dash, so I believe that's working. I have yet to follow the black and white wire from ignition. Hoping to learn a lot on this forum. Had lots of Hondas/Acuras, but never a Pilot.
You might check to see if the grounding strap from the frame to the engine is intact. These tend to corrode in two. There is another one from the frame to the transmission.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grounds are ok. Not great, but not corroded in two either. There is enough to make it. I'm on Majestic's site now, going to order a #10 and a #13. No rush on getting this one going, but I want to know if this motor is good or if there were other issues and they just said bad motor.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,835 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully a new starter is all you need.
Check the coolant and tranny as well for signs of mixed fluids.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just started a resurrection thread. Should be good. No fluids look like they are mixing. That is a good sign.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts