Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

New Moderators?

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

· Registered
10,590 Posts
Well why waist money on semi blend. You can use this then...
View attachment 155219
$2.29 a quart. That old Honda will be just fine. No need to worry with the slug that will build up in the heads.

Well if were gonna talk about it, may as well figure out what's the best oil for the buck.
For the annual oil change, I'd splurge the extra buck-and-a-half per quart to get a 5-quart jug of Pennzoil 5W-20 full-synthetic for $18.84 at Walmart.

· Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
1,208 Posts
That was a public service for those obsessed with the subject of motor oil.
As I stated in that post. (Though I'm not obsessed about it)
"Thanks @xGS I was trying to find the Valvoline Advanced specs."
It just happens that the Menards thats somewhat close to me carries the filters/fluids that I'm using at prices similar to the Wal-Mart that is clear accross the county from me.

· Registered
Home of the 306k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,905 Posts
For the annual oil change, I'd splurge the extra buck-and-a-half per quart to get a 5-quart jug of Pennzoil 5W-20 full-synthetic for $18.84 at Walmart.

I'm sure this regular full synthetic Pensoil has a great Noack rating too.

Reactions: plplplpl

· Registered
5,795 Posts
OMG please don't tell me this thread is devolving into an oil pissing match... the new Moderator should immediately give both of them a time out any time they start bickering like this.

· Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
5,167 Posts

· Registered
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·

· Registered
14,905 Posts
Maybe it was the two posts about misspelling that set him off.
But it was misspelled, the closest dealer here charges more than MSRP for parts/supplies.
For a certainly my comment on the subject will either be out of concern for quality and cost. Paying for unnecessary catalytic converter replacement is the one that gets me the most.

· Registered
10,590 Posts
Why haven't you become a moderator for all the years you have been here? You could be like...
View attachment 155216
I told you knuckleheads to take your Pilot to the dealership for service! 🤣
Since you asked, before about January 2020, I didn't participate here nearly as much as after a certain new member joined, one who seemed to have a decidedly anti-dealer service department and anti-Honda parts/fluid stance, and who couldn't seem to make a single post without including a reference to a single brand/formula of ATF or a single brand/model of tire, as though nothing else was any good. Someone had to provide a semblance of balance with viewpoint in opposition to that of someone else who seemed to be monopolizing the conversation.

· Registered
14,905 Posts
Since you asked, before about January 2020, I didn't participate here nearly as much as after a certain new member joined, one who seemed to have a decidedly anti-dealer service department and anti-Honda parts/fluid stance, and who couldn't seem to make a single post without including a reference to a single brand/formula of ATF or a single brand/model of tire, as though nothing else was any good. Someone had to provide a semblance of balance with viewpoint in opposition to that of someone else who seemed to be monopolizing the conversation.
Lol
Ya, as if the fearmongering of DIYing with aftermarket products wasn't an issue here (and on most Honda forums) when I began posting January 2020.

· Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
1,208 Posts
The Honda estore will show the prices at whichever dealer you select.
In my area, there's a significant difference in prices between dealers.
Some dealers will match other dealers' prices.
I found a dealer that's prices are about half what that dealer only a couple miles from me charges.
They also have very reasonable shipping charges, and ship fast. 3 days from AZ to WI works for me.

· Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
6,383 Posts
81 - 100 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.